Subject: RFC 8973 on DDoS Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Agent Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 22:50:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8973

        Title:      DDoS Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) 
                    Agent Discovery 
        Author:     M. Boucadair,
                    T. Reddy.K
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8973

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8973

This document specifies mechanisms to configure DDoS Open Threat
Signaling (DOTS) clients with their DOTS servers. The discovery
procedure also covers the DOTS signal channel Call Home. It can be
useful to know the appropriate DOTS server for a given location in
order to engage mitigation actions. This is true even in cases where
the DOTS client cannot localize the attack: cases where it only knows
that some resources are under attack and that help is needed.

This document is a product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC