Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Layer 0 Types' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:12:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Layer 0 Types'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types/

Technical Summary

This document defines a collection of common data types and groupings
in the YANG data modeling language.  These derived common types and
groupings are intended to be imported by modules that model Layer 0
optical Traffic Engineering (TE) configuration and state capabilities
such as Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSONs) and Flexi-grid
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Networks.

Working Group Summary

No issues. The working group and the chairs decided to exclude from the draft
some parameters that are not yet fully stabilized (e.g. transponders) and focus
only on the networking part. This will unlock a number of topology drafts.
A new document including those parts will be submitted and eventually merged
with this via an RFC-bis. The process was agreed with the OPS AD.

Document Quality

The document is supported by all the major vendors active in the working group.
Moreover it was reviewed by the YANG Doctors twice. First, after WG adoption to check
that the document was on the right path and the second one as part of preparation for last call.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Daniele Ceccarelli
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard