Subject: RFC 8837 on Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) Packet Markings for WebRTC QoS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:31:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8837

        Title:      Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) 
                    Packet Markings for WebRTC QoS 
        Author:     P. Jones,
                    S. Dhesikan,
                    C. Jennings,
                    D. Druta
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8837

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8837

Networks can provide different forwarding treatments for individual
packets based on Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) values on
a per-hop basis.  This document provides the recommended DSCP values
for web browsers to use for various classes of Web Real-Time
Communication (WebRTC) traffic.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC