Subject: RFC 8851 on RTP Payload Format Restrictions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:53:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8851

        Title:      RTP Payload Format Restrictions 
        Author:     A.B. Roach, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Updates:    RFC 4855

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rid-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8851

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8851

In this specification, we define a framework for specifying
restrictions on RTP streams in the Session Description Protocol
(SDP). This framework defines a new "rid" ("restriction identifier")
SDP attribute to unambiguously identify the RTP streams within an RTP
session and restrict the streams' payload format parameters in a
codec-agnostic way beyond what is provided with the regular payload
types.

This specification updates RFC 4855 to give additional guidance on
choice of Format Parameter (fmtp) names and their relation to the
restrictions defined by this document.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC