Subject: RFC 8839 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Procedures for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 13:32:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8839

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer 
                    Procedures for Interactive Connectivity 
                    Establishment (ICE) 
        Author:     M. Petit-Huguenin,
                    S. Nandakumar,
                    C. Holmberg,
                    A. Keränen,
                    R. Shpount
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5245, RFC 6336

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-39.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8839

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8839

This document describes Session Description Protocol (SDP)
Offer/Answer procedures for carrying out Interactive Connectivity
Establishment (ICE) between the agents. 

This document obsoletes RFCs 5245 and 6336.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC