Subject: Protocol Action: 'Event Publishing Extensions to iCalendar' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:49:05 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Event Publishing Extensions to iCalendar'
  (draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions/

Technical Summary

   This specification updates [RFC5545]  and [RFC5546] by introducing a
   number of new iCalendar properties and components which are of
   particular use for event publishers and in social networking.

   This specification also defines a new STRUCTURED-DATA property for
   iCalendar [RFC5545] to allow for data that is directly pertinent to
   an event or task to be included with the calendar data.

Working Group Summary

   The document did not raised any controversy, but in my opinion
   the document would need some more feed backs from the community.
   At this point we mostly rely on the experience of the author as well as
   his own implementation.  

Document Quality

   Michael has a partial implementation.

Personnel

   Daniel Migault is the document shepherd and Barry Leiba is the responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Notes

There's one minor issue in Section 10.2 that needs correction during editing:

OLD
without those participant's express permission.
NEW
without the express permission of the participants whose location would be exposed.
END