Subject: Protocol Action: 'Handling Message Disposition Notification with JMAP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 08:01:40 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Handling Message Disposition Notification with JMAP'
  (draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the JSON Mail Access Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-mdn/

Technical Summary

  This spec extends JMAP-mail with an object representation for message
  delivery notification messages and allows the server to create and
  parse those notifications on behalf of the client.

Working Group Summary

  This document underwent numerous revisions in the working group.  As
  the first extension to the JMAP spec written by somebody other than
  the original authors, it's going to set the example that future
  extensions work from, and the authors did an excellent job of
  collating feedback and making sure their spec was consistent with
  the "JMAP way".

Document Quality

  This spec is quite easy to implement - there is a mostly complete
  implementation in the Cyrus IMAP server already.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd - Bron Gondwana (JMAP co-chair)
  Responsible Area Director - Barry Leiba