Subject: RFC 8964 on Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Data Plane: MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:35:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8964

        Title:      Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Data Plane: MPLS 
        Author:     B. Varga, Ed.,
                    J. Farkas,
                    L. Berger,
                    A. Malis,
                    S. Bryant,
                    J. Korhonen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8964

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8964

This document specifies the Deterministic Networking (DetNet) data
plane when operating over an MPLS Packet Switched Network.  It
leverages existing pseudowire (PW) encapsulations and MPLS Traffic
Engineering (MPLS-TE) encapsulations and mechanisms.  This document
builds on the DetNet architecture and data plane framework.

This document is a product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC