Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-06.txt> (Updating the IANA MPLS LSP Ping Parameters) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 14:15:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Updating the IANA MPLS LSP Ping
Parameters'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-01-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 8029 and RFC 8611 that both define IANA
   registries for MPLS LSP Ping.  It also updates the description of the
   procedures for the responses sent when an unknown or erroneous code
   point is found.  The updates are to clarify and align this name space
   with recent developments.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.