Subject: RFC 8865 on T.140 Real-Time Text Conversation over WebRTC Data Channels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:21:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8865

        Title:      T.140 Real-Time Text Conversation over 
                    WebRTC Data Channels 
        Author:     C. Holmberg,
                    G. Hellström
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Updates:    RFC 8373

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-t140-usage-data-channel-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8865

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8865

This document specifies how a Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC)
data channel can be used as a transport mechanism for real-time text
using the ITU-T Protocol for multimedia application text conversation
(Recommendation ITU-T T.140) and how the Session Description Protocol
(SDP) offer/answer mechanism can be used to negotiate such a data
channel, referred to as a T.140 data channel. This document updates
RFC 8373 to specify its use with WebRTC data channels.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC