Subject: Protocol Action: 'Domain Name Registration Data (DNRD) Objects Mapping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 07:11:29 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Domain Name Registration Data (DNRD) Objects Mapping'
  (draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-dnrd-objects-mapping/

Technical Summary
This document specifies the format, contents and semantics of Domain Name
Registration Data (DNRD) escrow deposits for a domain name registry.
These escrow deposists are intended to provide a source of backup data to
reconstitute a domain name registry in the unlikely situation of
unrecoverable data loss.

Working Group Summary
This document was first published as an individual submission
Internet-Draft in March, 2012. It was adopted by the REGEXT working group
in June, 2019. A working group last call was started on 20 September,
2019. Multiple people expressed support for progression of the document.
The authors of the document found interoperability issues during the
working group last call and had to produce a new version. The authors
thought that the changes were not substantive, but there were enough of
them to warrant a second working group last call. That last call was
initiated on 26 October and ended on 8 November. This second last call
was extended to 22 November due to a lack of last call feedback. The
second last call was completed successfully with multiple expressions of
support and no expressions of concern.

Document Quality
The data format specifications contained in this document have been
implemented in support of more than 1,200 generic Top-Level Domains. In
addition, domain registry service provider transitions using data files
that conform to this specification have been completed.

Personnel
The Document Shepherd is Scott Hollenbeck. The Responsible Area Director
is Barry Leiba.