Subject: RFC 8855 on The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:54:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8855

        Title:      The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo,
                    K. Drage,
                    T. Kristensen,
                    J. Ott,
                    C. Eckel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      87
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4582

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8855

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8855

Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment. Thereby,
floor control complements other functions -- such as conference and
media session setup, conference policy manipulation, and media
control -- that are realized by other protocols.

This document specifies the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP).
BFCP is used between floor participants and floor control servers,
and between floor chairs (i.e., moderators) and floor control
servers.

This document obsoletes RFC 4582.

This document is a product of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC