Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-regext-unhandled-namespaces-07.txt> (Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Unhandled Namespaces) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:16:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Registration Protocols Extensions WG
(regext) to consider the following document: - 'Extensible Provisioning
Protocol (EPP) Unhandled Namespaces'
  <draft-ietf-regext-unhandled-namespaces-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), as defined in RFC 5730,
   includes a method for the client and server to determine the objects
   to be managed during a session and the object extensions to be used
   during a session.  The services are identified using namespace URIs,
   and an "unhandled namespace" is one that is associated with a service
   not supported by the client.  This document defines an operational
   practice that enables the server to return information associated
   with unhandled namespace URIs that is compliant with the negotiated
   services defined in RFC 5730.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-unhandled-namespaces/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.