Subject: RFC 8869 on Evaluation Test Cases for Interactive Real-Time Media over Wireless Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:46:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8869

        Title:      Evaluation Test Cases for Interactive 
                    Real-Time Media over Wireless Networks 
        Author:     Z. Sarker,
                    X. Zhu,
                    J. Fu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8869

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8869

The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a common transport choice
for interactive multimedia communication applications. The
performance of these applications typically depends on a
well-functioning congestion control algorithm. To ensure a seamless
and robust user experience, a well-designed RTP-based congestion
control algorithm should work well across all access network types.
This document describes test cases for evaluating performances of
candidate congestion control algorithms over cellular and Wi-Fi
networks.

This document is a product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC