Subject: Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating Relay Requirements' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 07:28:21 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating Relay Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Erik Kline and Éric Vyncke.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements/

Technical Summary

   This memo describes operational problems that are known to occur when
   using DHCPv6 relays with Prefix Delegation.  These problems can
   prevent successful delegation and result in routing failures.  To
   address these problems, this memo provides necessary functional
   requirements for operating DHCPv6 relays with Prefix Delegation.

Working Group Summary

   This document had extensive review for the dhc as well as v6ops (and
   6man) working group or its participants. While a few issues took a bit of
   debate to resolve the best wording in the document, the basic concepts
   has quick consensus.

Document Quality

   The document has extensive review and is based on some operational
   issues seen (and hopefully mostly resolved) in devices. There are no
   special mention reviews done or needed.

Personnel

     Bernie Volz is the Document Shepherd
     Éric Vyncke is the Responsible Area Director.