Subject: Protocol Action: 'Special Purpose Label terminology' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 07:45:23 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Special Purpose Label terminology'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology/

Technical Summary

This document discusses and recommends a terminology that may be used
when MPLS Special Purpose Labels (SPL) are specified and documented.

This document applies that terminology change to the relevant IANA
registry and also clarifies the use of the Entropy Label Indicator
(7) when immediately preceded by the Extension Label (15).

This document updates RFC 7274 and RFC 3032.

Working Group Summary

When undergoing IETF Last Call, several issues were identified. The
document was returned to the Working Group and it was determined
the status should be changed from Informational to PS. The Working Group
supported these clarifications and it repeated WG Last Call. 

Document Quality

The document went through several reviews and updates based
on the feedback.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Nicolai Leymann
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard

RFC Editor Note

6. IANA Considerations
OLD:
IANA is requested to change the name of the registry that today is
called "Special-Purpose MPLS Label Values" is changed to "Base
 Special- Purpose MPLS Label Values".
NEW:
IANA is requested to change the name of the registry that today is
called "Special-Purpose MPLS Label Values" to "Base
 Special- Purpose MPLS Label Values".

IANA Note
Please refer to RFC Editor Note for corrected text.