Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir-10.txt> (Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:02:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Path Computation Element Communication
Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for
   Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-01-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
   The Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) using PCEP.

   This document defines PCEP extensions for grouping two unidirectional
   MPLS TE LSPs (one in each direction in the network) into an
   Associated Bidirectional LSP.  The mechanisms defined in this
   document can be applied using a Stateful PCE for both PCE-Initiated
   and PCC-Initiated LSPs, as well as when using a Stateless PCE.  The
   procedures defined are applicable to the LSPs using Resource
   Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for signaling.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2995/