Subject: Document Action: 'A Firmware Update Architecture for Internet of Things' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-suit-architecture-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 17:28:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Firmware Update Architecture for Internet of Things'
  (draft-ietf-suit-architecture-16.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Software Updates for Internet of Things
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-architecture/

Technical Summary

   Vulnerabilities in Internet of Things (IoT) devices have raised the
   need for a reliable and secure firmware update mechanism suitable for
   devices with resource constraints.  Incorporating such an update
   mechanism is a fundamental requirement for fixing vulnerabilities but
   it also enables other important capabilities such as updating
   configuration settings as well as adding new functionality.

Working Group Summary

   There is consensus for this document in the SUIT WG.

Document Quality

   Projects at the IETF Hackathon have informed this document.

Personnel

   Russ Housley is the document shepherd.
   Roman Danyliw is the responsible area director.