Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-plc-05.txt> (Transmission of IPv6 Packets over PLC Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 07:20:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document: -
'Transmission of IPv6 Packets over PLC Networks'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-plc-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-15. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Power Line Communication (PLC), namely using the electric-power lines
   for indoor and outdoor communications, has been widely applied to
   support Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), especially smart
   meters for electricity.  The inherent advantage of existing
   electricity infrastructure facilitates the expansion of PLC
   deployments, and moreover, a wide variety of accessible devices
   raises the potential demand of IPv6 for future applications.  This
   document describes how IPv6 packets are transported over constrained
   PLC networks, such as ITU-T G.9903, IEEE 1901.1 and IEEE 1901.2.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-plc/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.