Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-05.txt> (Operational Implications of IPv6 Packets with Extension Headers) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:12:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Operational Implications of IPv6 Packets
with Extension Headers'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-25. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document summarizes the operational implications of IPv6
   extension headers specified in the IPv6 protocol specification
   (RFC8200), and attempts to analyze reasons why packets with IPv6
   extension headers are often dropped in the public Internet.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.