Subject: RFC 8982 on Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Partial Response

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 23:10:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8982

        Title:      Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) 
                    Partial Response 
        Author:     M. Loffredo,
                    M. Martinelli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8982

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8982

The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include
capabilities to request partial responses.  Servers will only return
full responses that include all of the information that a client is
authorized to receive.  A partial response capability that limits the
amount of information returned, especially in the case of search
queries, could bring benefits to both clients and servers.  This
document describes an RDAP query extension that allows clients to
specify their preference for obtaining a partial response.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC