Subject: Document Action: 'Annotated Example SDP for WebRTC' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 08:34:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Annotated Example SDP for WebRTC'
  (draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp-14.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Murray Kucherawy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp/

Technical Summary

   The Web Real Time Communications (WebRTC) family of protocols defines
   mechanisms for direct interactive rich communication using audio,
   video and data between two peers' web browsers.  Within the WebRTC
   framework, the Session Description protocol (SDP) is used for
   negotiating session capabilities between the peers.  Such a
   negotiation happens based on the SDP Offer/Answer exchange mechanism

   This document provides an informational reference in describing the
   role of SDP and the Offer/Answer exchange mechanism for the most
   common WebRTC use-cases.

Working Group Summary

   The working group had consensus to publish as Informational.  

Document Quality

   This document represents a challenge to most reviewers both because of
   its length and the nature of SDP’s long history of aggregating semantics
   to a syntax originally designed for very different tasks.  Magnus Westerlund,
   Paul Kyzivat, Justin Uberti, Chris Flo, Flemming Andreasen, Christer
   Holmberg, and Nils Ohlmeier provided valuable reviews.

Personnel

   Ted Hardie is the Document Shepherd.
   Adam Roach was the responsible Area Director through Last Call;
   Murray Kucherawy now is the responsible Area Director.