Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-dtls13-41.txt> (The Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Protocol Version 1.3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 09:24:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'The Datagram Transport Layer Security
(DTLS) Protocol Version 1.3'
  <draft-ietf-tls-dtls13-41.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-22. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies Version 1.3 of the Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) protocol.  DTLS 1.3 allows client/server applications
   to communicate over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent
   eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery.

   The DTLS 1.3 protocol is intentionally based on the Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) 1.3 protocol and provides equivalent security
   guarantees with the exception of order protection/non-replayability.
   Datagram semantics of the underlying transport are preserved by the
   DTLS protocol.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dtls13/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8439: ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols (Informational - IRTF Stream)