Subject: RFC 8986 on Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6) Network Programming

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 10:26:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8986

        Title:      Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6) 
                    Network Programming 
        Author:     C. Filsfils, Ed.,
                    P. Camarillo, Ed.,
                    J. Leddy,
                    D. Voyer,
                    S. Matsushima,
                    Z. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8986

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8986

The Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6) Network Programming framework
enables a network operator or an application to specify a packet
processing program by encoding a sequence of instructions in the IPv6
packet header.

Each instruction is implemented on one or several nodes in the
network and identified by an SRv6 Segment Identifier in the packet.

This document defines the SRv6 Network Programming concept and
specifies the base set of SRv6 behaviors that enables the creation of
interoperable overlays with underlay optimization.

This document is a product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC