Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-14.txt> (Key Exchange (KEX) Method Updates and Recommendations for Secure Shell (SSH)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 08:59:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document: - 'Key
Exchange (KEX) Method Updates and Recommendations for Secure Shell
   (SSH)'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document is intended to update the recommended set of key
   exchange methods for use in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol to meet
   evolving needs for stronger security.  This document updates RFC
   4250, RFC 4253, RFC 4432, and RFC 4462.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.