Subject: Protocol Action: 'DetNet Data Plane: MPLS over UDP/IP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-udp-ip-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:48:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DetNet Data Plane: MPLS over UDP/IP'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-udp-ip-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-udp-ip/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the MPLS Deterministic Networking data plane
operation and encapsulation over an IP network.  The approach is
modeled on the operation of MPLS and over UDP/IP packet switched
networks.

Working Group Summary

No controversy, pretty much just putting the pieces together.

Document Quality

At this time there are no shipping implementations of DetNet per se, however clearly IP and MPLS are mature technologies.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Ethan Grossman
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard