Subject: Protocol Action: 'Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 09:14:14 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for
   Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)'
  (draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir/

Technical Summary

This document defines PCEP extensions for grouping two unidirectional
MPLS TE LSPs (one in each direction in the network) into an
Associated Bidirectional LSP.  The mechanisms defined in this
document can be applied using a Stateful PCE for both PCE-Initiated
and PCC-Initiated LSPs, as well as when using a Stateless PCE.  The
procedures defined are applicable to the LSPs using Resource
Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for signaling.

Working Group Summary

The consensus behind the document is good, it uses association technique
and further work on SR builds on this document. 

Document Quality

There is an existing implementation on a vendor product. Substantial review was
done by the shepherd, the changes were made to accommodate those.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Dhruv Dhody 
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard