Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs-04.txt> (Algorithm Requirements Update to the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 12:01:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Algorithm
Requirements Update to the Internet X.509 Public Key
   Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates the cryptographic algorithm requirements for
   the Password-Based Message Authentication Code in the Internet X.509
   Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)
   specified in RFC 4211.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8018: PKCS #5: Password-Based Cryptography Specification Version 2.1 (Informational - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))