Subject: Protocol Action: 'PCEP Procedures and Protocol Extensions for Using PCE as a Central Controller (PCECC) of LSPs' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-for-pce-controller-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 09:19:11 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PCEP Procedures and Protocol Extensions for Using PCE as a Central
   Controller (PCECC) of LSPs'
  (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-for-pce-controller-14.txt) as Proposed
  Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-for-pce-controller/

Technical Summary

A PCE-based Central Controller (PCECC) can simplify the processing of
a distributed control plane by blending it with elements of SDN and
without necessarily completely replacing it.  Thus, the LSP can be
calculated/set up/initiated and the label forwarding entries can also
be downloaded through a centralized PCE server to each network device
along the path, while leveraging the existing PCE technologies as
much as possible.
  
This document specifies the procedures and PCEP extensions for using
the PCE as the central controller.

Working Group Summary

No particular pain point. The discussion mainly happened in the TEAS WG.
Afterwards, the corresponding PCEP extensions progressed smoothly. 

Document Quality

No formal announcements though the document had interest from multiple
contributors.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Julien Meuric
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard