Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-10.txt> (Connection Identifiers for DTLS 1.2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 03:19:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'Connection Identifiers for DTLS 1.2'
  <draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Connection ID (CID) construct for the
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol version 1.2.

   A CID is an identifier carried in the record layer header that gives
   the recipient additional information for selecting the appropriate
   security association.  In "classical" DTLS, selecting a security
   association of an incoming DTLS record is accomplished with the help
   of the 5-tuple.  If the source IP address and/or source port changes
   during the lifetime of an ongoing DTLS session then the receiver will
   be unable to locate the correct security context.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.