Subject: Protocol Action: 'Updates to the Allocation Policy for the Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registries' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 14:56:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updates to the Allocation Policy for the Border Gateway Protocol -
   Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registries'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry/

Technical Summary

   RFC 7752 defines Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS).  IANA
   created a registry consistent with that document called the "Border
   Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registry" with a
   number of sub-registries.  The allocation policy applied by IANA for
   those registries is "Specification Required" as defined in RFC 8126.

   This document updates RFC 7752 by changing the allocation policy for
   all of the registries to "Expert Review" and by updating the guidance
   to the Designated Experts.

Working Group Summary

   The WG process was smooth.  The draft had some late changes that 
   resulted from good WG discussion.

Document Quality

   This document deals with updating the guidance to DEs responsible 
   for BGP-LS registries.  The document is clear and has been reviewed 
   by several people in the WG.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Jie Dong <[email-masked]> 
  Responsible AD: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>