Subject: RFC 8997 on Deprecation of TLS 1.1 for Email Submission and Access

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8997

        Title:      Deprecation of TLS 1.1 for 
                    Email Submission and Access 
        Author:     L. Velvindron,
                    S. Farrell
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates:    RFC 8314

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-uta-tls-for-email-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8997

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8997

This specification updates the current recommendation for the use of
the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to provide
confidentiality of email between a Mail User Agent (MUA) and a Mail
Submission Server or Mail Access Server. This document updates RFC
8314.

This document is a product of the Using TLS in Applications Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC