Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid-05.txt> (Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Object Identifiers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 08:14:09 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Concise Binary Object Representation
Maintenance and Extensions WG (cbor) to consider the following document: -
'Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Object
   Identifiers'
  <draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 8949) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   The present document defines CBOR tags for object identifiers (OIDs).
   It is intended as the reference document for the IANA registration of
   the CBOR tags so defined.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6256: Using Self-Delimiting Numeric Values in Protocols (Informational - IRTF Stream)