Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-09.txt> (Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) in Segment Routing Networks with IPv6 Data plane (SRv6)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 03:25:56 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document: - 'Operations, Administration, and
Maintenance (OAM) in Segment Routing
   Networks with IPv6 Data plane (SRv6)'
  <draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-22. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the existing IPv6 mechanisms for ping and
   traceroute can be used in an SRv6 network.  The document also
   specifies the OAM flag in the Segment Routing Header (SRH) for
   performing controllable and predictable flow sampling from segment
   endpoints.  In addition, the document describes how a centralized
   monitoring system performs a path continuity check between any nodes
   within an SRv6 domain.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.