Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis-04.txt> (Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 14:16:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG (dots)
to consider the following document: - 'Distributed Denial-of-Service Open
Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal
   Channel Specification'
  <draft-ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-22. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat
   Signaling (DOTS) signal channel, a protocol for signaling the need
   for protection against Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks
   to a server capable of enabling network traffic mitigation on behalf
   of the requesting client.

   A companion document defines the DOTS data channel, a separate
   reliable communication layer for DOTS management and configuration
   purposes.

   This document obsoletes RFC 8782.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7918: Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start (Informational - IETF stream)