Subject: RFC 9017 on Special-Purpose Label Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 15:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9017

        Title:      Special-Purpose Label Terminology 
        Author:     L. Andersson,
                    K. Kompella,
                    A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 3032, RFC 7274

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9017

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9017

This document discusses and recommends terminology that may be used
when MPLS Special-Purpose Labels (SPLs) are specified and documented.

This document applies that terminology change to the relevant IANA
registry and also clarifies the use of the Entropy Label Indicator
(7) when immediately preceded by the Extension Label (15). 

This document updates RFCs 3032 and 7274.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC