Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-14.txt> (IS-IS Extension to Support Segment Routing over IPv6 Dataplane) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:13:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'IS-IS Extension to Support Segment
Routing over IPv6 Dataplane'
  <draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-05-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-
   end paths by encoding paths as sequences of topological sub-paths,
   called "segments".  Segment routing architecture can be implemented
   over an MPLS data plane as well as an IPv6 data plane.  This document
   describes the IS-IS extensions required to support Segment Routing
   over an IPv6 data plane.

   This documents updates RFC 7370 by modifying an existing registry.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3796/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4486/