Subject: RFC 9011 on Static Context Header Compression and Fragmentation (SCHC) over LoRaWAN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 12:58:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9011

        Title:      Static Context Header Compression and 
                    Fragmentation (SCHC) over LoRaWAN 
        Author:     O. Gimenez, Ed.,
                    I. Petrov, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-over-lorawan-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9011

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9011

The Static Context Header Compression and fragmentation (SCHC)
specification (RFC 8724) describes generic header compression and
fragmentation techniques for Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN)
technologies. SCHC is a generic mechanism designed for great
flexibility so that it can be adapted for any of the LPWAN
technologies.

This document defines a profile of SCHC (RFC 8724) for use in LoRaWAN
networks and provides elements such as efficient parameterization and
modes of operation.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC