Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-05.txt> (MVPN and MSDP SA Interoperation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 12:50:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'MVPN and MSDP SA Interoperation'
  <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-04-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the procedures for interoperation between
   Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) Source Active routes and
   customer Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) Source Active
   routes, which is useful for MVPN provider networks offering services
   to customers with an existing MSDP infrastructure.  Without the
   procedures described in this document, VPN-specific MSDP sessions are
   required among the PEs that are customer MSDP peers.  This document
   updates RFC6514.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.