Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using the AES-GMAC Algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 12:06:13 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using the AES-GMAC Algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS)'
  (draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
and SMIME Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the conventions for using the AES-GMAC
   Message Authentication Code algorithms with the Cryptographic Message
   Syntax (CMS) as specified in RFC 5652.

Working Group Summary

The WG endorses publication for this short document.  During WGLC/AD Review there was some further discussion on which tag length to recommend (https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spasm/8Nh7XpSFjy_DcwRqTccExBwV44I/) but resolution was reached.

Document Quality

Vendors and an SDO were part of the review process.

Personnel

    Tim Hollebeek is the document shepherd.
    Roman Danyliw is the responsible area director.