Subject: RFC 9013 on OSPF Advertisement of Tunnel Encapsulations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9013

        Title:      OSPF Advertisement of Tunnel Encapsulations 
        Author:     X. Xu, Ed.,
                    B. Decraene, Ed.,
                    R. Raszuk,
                    L. Contreras,
                    L. Jalil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9013

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9013

Networks use tunnels for a variety of reasons. A large variety of
tunnel types are defined, and the tunnel encapsulator router needs to
select a type of tunnel that is supported by the tunnel decapsulator
router. This document defines how to advertise, in OSPF Router
Information Link State Advertisements (LSAs), the list of tunnel
encapsulations supported by the tunnel decapsulator.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC