Subject: RFC 8903 on Use Cases for DDoS Open Threat Signaling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8903

        Title:      Use Cases for DDoS Open 
                    Threat Signaling 
        Author:     R. Dobbins,
                    D. Migault,
                    R. Moskowitz,
                    N. Teague,
                    L. Xia,
                    K. Nishizuka
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8903

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8903

The DDoS Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) effort is intended to provide
protocols to facilitate interoperability across disparate DDoS
Mitigation solutions. This document presents sample use cases that
describe the interactions expected between the DOTS components as
well as DOTS messaging exchanges. These use cases are meant to
identify the interacting DOTS components, how they collaborate, and
what the typical information to be exchanged is.

This document is a product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC