Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs-12.txt> (RTP Payload Format for ISO/IEC 21122 (JPEG XS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 11:01:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document: - 'RTP Payload
Format for ISO/IEC 21122 (JPEG XS)'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-05-17. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   format to be used for transporting JPEG XS (ISO/IEC 21122) encoded
   video.  JPEG XS is a low-latency, lightweight image coding system.
   Compared to an uncompressed video use case, it allows higher
   resolutions and frame rates, while offering visually lossless
   quality, reduced power consumption, and end-to-end latency confined
   to a fraction of a frame.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.