Subject: RFC 8992 on Autonomic IPv6 Edge Prefix Management in Large-Scale Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 22:49:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8992

        Title:      Autonomic IPv6 Edge Prefix Management 
                    in Large-Scale Networks 
        Author:     S. Jiang, Ed.,
                    Z. Du,
                    B. Carpenter,
                    Q. Sun
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-anima-prefix-management-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8992

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8992

This document defines two autonomic technical objectives for IPv6
prefix management at the edge of large-scale ISP networks, with an
extension to support IPv4 prefixes. An important purpose of this
document is to use it for validation of the design of various
components of the Autonomic Networking Infrastructure.

This document is a product of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC