Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-perc-dtls-tunnel-08.txt> (DTLS Tunnel between a Media Distributor and Key Distributor to Facilitate Key Exchange) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 07:38:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing WG
(perc) to consider the following document: - 'DTLS Tunnel between a Media
Distributor and Key Distributor to
   Facilitate Key Exchange'
  <draft-ietf-perc-dtls-tunnel-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a DTLS tunneling protocol for use in multimedia
   conferences that enables a Media Distributor to facilitate key
   exchange between an endpoint in a conference and the Key Distributor.
   The protocol is designed to ensure that the keying material used for
   hop-by-hop encryption and authentication is accessible to the media
   distributor, while the keying material used for end-to-end encryption
   and authentication is inaccessible to the media distributor.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-dtls-tunnel/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3586/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3580/