Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-drip-reqs-12.txt> (Drone Remote Identification Protocol (DRIP) Requirements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 07:36:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG (drip)
to consider the following document: - 'Drone Remote Identification Protocol
(DRIP) Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-drip-reqs-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines terminology and requirements for Drone Remote
   Identification Protocol (DRIP) Working Group solutions to support
   Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification and tracking (UAS RID)
   for security, safety, and other purposes (e.g., initiation of
   identity based network sessions supporting UAS applications).
   Complementing external technical standards as regulator-accepted
   means of compliance with UAS RID regulations, DRIP will facilitate
   use of existing Internet resources to support RID and to enable
   enhanced related services, and will enable online and offline
   verification that RID information is trustworthy.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-reqs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.