Subject: RFC 9000 on QUIC: A UDP-Based Multiplexed and Secure Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9000

        Title:      QUIC: A UDP-Based Multiplexed and
                    Secure Transport 
        Author:     J. Iyengar, Ed.,
                    M. Thomson, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      151
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-quic-transport-34.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9000

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9000

This document defines the core of the QUIC transport protocol.  QUIC
provides applications with flow-controlled streams for structured
communication, low-latency connection establishment, and network path
migration. QUIC includes security measures that ensure
confidentiality, integrity, and availability in a range of deployment
circumstances.  Accompanying documents describe the integration of
TLS for key negotiation, loss detection, and an exemplary congestion
control algorithm.

This document is a product of the QUIC Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC