Subject: Protocol Action: 'Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Object Identifiers' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 08:57:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Object
   Identifiers'
  (draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Concise Binary Object Representation
Maintenance and Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Francesca Palombini.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid/

Technical Summary
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, draft-ietf-cbor-
   7049bis) is a data format whose design goals include the possibility
   of extremely small code size, fairly small message size, and
   extensibility without the need for version negotiation.
   This document defines CBOR tags for object identifiers (OIDs).
   It is intended as the reference document for the IANA registration of
   the CBOR tags so defined.

Working Group Summary
   There was working group consensus on publishing this document, no
   point was particularly contentious.

Document Quality
   There are no known existing implementations of the specifications.
   A number of WG participants have stated they have read and
   reviewed the document.  No expert review was requested.

Personnel
   Christian Amsüss is the Document Shepherd.
   Francesca Palombini is the Responsible Area Director.