Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-04.txt> (OSPFv3 CodePoint for MPLS LSP Ping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 06:40:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'OSPFv3 CodePoint for MPLS LSP
Ping'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IANA has created "Protocol in the Segment IS Sub-TLV" and "Protocol
   in the Label Stack Sub-TLV of the Downstream Detailed Mapping TLV"
   registries under the "Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label
   Switched Paths (LSPs) Ping Parameters" registry.  RFC8287 defines the
   code points for OSPF and IS-IS.

   This document proposes the code point to be used in the Segment ID
   Sub-TLV and Downstream Detailed Mapping TLV when the IGP is OSPFv3.
   This document also updates RFC8287 by clarifying that the existing
   "OSPF" code point is to be used only to indicate OSPFv2, and by
   defining the behavior when the Segment ID SUb-TLV indicates the use
   of IPv6.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.