Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-alt-mark-06.txt> (IPv6 Application of the Alternate Marking Method) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 09:30:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document: - 'IPv6 Application of the Alternate Marking
Method'
  <draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-alt-mark-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the Alternate Marking Method can be used
   as a passive performance measurement tool in an IPv6 domain.  It
   defines a new Extension Header Option to encode alternate marking
   information in both the Hop-by-Hop Options Header and Destination
   Options Header.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-alt-mark/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3650/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3325/