Subject: RFC 9042 on Sieve Email Filtering: Delivery by MAILBOXID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 19:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9042

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Delivery by 
                    MAILBOXID 
        Author:     B. Gondwana, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 5228

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9042

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9042

The OBJECTID capability of IMAP (RFC 8474) allows clients to identify
mailboxes by a unique identifier that survives renaming.

This document extends the Sieve email filtering language (RFC 5228)
to allow using that same unique identifier as a target for fileinto
rules and for testing the existence of mailboxes.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC