Subject: Call for Feedback on ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Appointment

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:00:37 -0700

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB has been asked to name a technical expert 
to the ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC). The RZERC is 
expected to:

 - Review and provide input regarding proposed architectural and 
   operational changes to the root zone.

 - As determined necessary by the committee, propose architectural and 
   operational changes to the Root Zone for consideration by the ICANN 
   Board.

 - Act as a consultation body for ICANN during the RFP process for the 
   Root Zone Maintainer, if needed.

The process for appointing this representative is outlined in RFC 8128.

The current IETF-selected member of the RZERC is Tim April, who has 
indicated that he is willing to continue in this role for the 2021-2022 
term. The IAB is now soliciting input from the community on this 
incumbent.

Please send your remarks in confidence to [email-masked] and 
[email-masked] by 23:59 UTC on Tuesday, 2021-06-29.  We thank you in 
advance for your help.

On behalf of the IAB,
  Cindy Morgan
  IAB Executive Administrative Manager