Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-08.txt> (Recommendations on the Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6 Extension Headers at Transit Routers) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:49:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operational Security Capabilities
for IP Network Infrastructure WG (opsec) to consider the following document:
- 'Recommendations on the Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6
   Extension Headers at Transit Routers'
  <draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note: 
 The WGLC was sent to OpSec, 6MAN and V6OPS to get wider review:
 https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/v6ops/MvzKKTYCDtWVtlIGxb6OfQlUats

In addition, this is the second IETF LC for this document.

Abstract

   This document analyzes the security implications of IPv6 Extension
   Headers and associated IPv6 options.  Additionally, it discusses the
   operational and interoperability implications of discarding packets
   based on the IPv6 Extension Headers and IPv6 options they contain.
   Finally, it provides advice on the filtering of such IPv6 packets at
   transit routers for traffic *not* directed to them, for those cases
   where such filtering is deemed as necessary.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.