Subject: RFC 9049 on Path Aware Networking: Obstacles to Deployment (A Bestiary of Roads Not Taken)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:01:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9049

        Title:      Path Aware Networking: Obstacles to 
                    Deployment (A Bestiary of Roads Not 
                    Taken) 
        Author:     S. Dawkins, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9049

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9049

This document is a product of the Path Aware Networking Research
Group (PANRG).  At the first meeting of the PANRG, the Research Group
agreed to catalog and analyze past efforts to develop and deploy Path
Aware techniques, most of which were unsuccessful or at most
partially successful, in order to extract insights and lessons for
Path Aware networking researchers.

This document contains that catalog and analysis.

This document is a product of the Path Aware Networking RG of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC