Subject: RFC 9029 on Updates to the Allocation Policy for the Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9029

        Title:      Updates to the Allocation Policy for the 
                    Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS)
                    Parameters Registries 
        Author:     A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates:    RFC 7752

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9029

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9029

RFC 7752 defines the Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS). 
IANA created a registry consistent with that document called "Border
Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters" with a number of
subregistries.  The allocation policy applied by IANA for those
registries is "Specification Required", as defined in RFC 8126.

This document updates RFC 7752 by changing the allocation policy for
all of the registries to "Expert Review" and by updating the guidance
to the designated experts.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC