Subject: RFC 9059 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 06:22:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9059

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for Associated Bidirectional Label 
                    Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     R. Gandhi, Ed.,
                    C. Barth,
                    B. Wen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-association-bidir-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9059

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9059

This document defines Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
(PCEP) extensions for grouping two unidirectional MPLS-TE Label
Switched Paths (LSPs), one in each direction in the network, into an
associated bidirectional LSP.  These PCEP extensions can be applied
either using a stateful PCE for both PCE-initiated and PCC-initiated
LSPs or using a stateless PCE. The PCEP procedures defined are
applicable to the LSPs using RSVP-TE for signaling.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC