Subject: RFC 9039 on Uniform Resource Names for Device Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9039

        Title:      Uniform Resource Names for Device 
                    Identifiers 
        Author:     J. Arkko,
                    C. Jennings,
                    Z. Shelby
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-dev-urn-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9039

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9039

This document describes a new Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace
for hardware device identifiers. A general representation of device
identity can be useful in many applications, such as in sensor data
streams and storage or in equipment inventories. A URN-based
representation can be passed along in applications that need the
information.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC