Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Optimal Route Reflection (BGP ORR)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-28.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 13:32:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP Optimal Route Reflection (BGP ORR)'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-28.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an extension to BGP route reflectors.  On route
   reflectors, BGP route selection is modified in order to choose the
   best route from the standpoint of their clients, rather than from the
   standpoint of the route reflectors. 

Working Group Summary

   This work has been in the WG for a while; the WG LC was done in 2017. 
   The delay in publication is due to waiting for implementations.

Document Quality

  Implementations are available by 3 major vendors: cisco, Juniper, and Nokia.
  https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection%20implementations

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Susan  Hares 
   Area Director:  Alvaro Retana