Subject: RFC 9061 on A YANG Data Model for IPsec Flow Protection Based on Software-Defined Networking (SDN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 23:17:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9061

        Title:      A YANG Data Model for IPsec Flow Protection
                    Based on Software-Defined Networking (SDN) 
        Author:     R. Marin-Lopez,
                    G. Lopez-Millan,
                    F. Pereniguez-Garcia
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      90
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9061

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9061

This document describes how to provide IPsec-based flow protection
(integrity and confidentiality) by means of an Interface to Network
Security Function (I2NSF) Controller.  It considers two main
well-known scenarios in IPsec: gateway-to-gateway and host-to-host.
The service described in this document allows the configuration and
monitoring of IPsec Security Associations (IPsec SAs) from an I2NSF
Controller to one or several flow-based Network Security Functions
(NSFs) that rely on IPsec to protect data traffic. 

This document focuses on the I2NSF NSF-Facing Interface by providing
YANG data models for configuring the IPsec databases, namely Security
Policy Database (SPD), Security Association Database (SAD), Peer
Authorization Database (PAD), and Internet Key Exchange Version 2
(IKEv2). This allows IPsec SA establishment with minimal intervention
by the network administrator. This document defines three YANG
modules, but it does not define any new protocol.

This document is a product of the Interface to Network Security Functions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC