Subject: RFC 9091 on Experimental Domain-Based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) Extension for Public Suffix Domains

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 13:34:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9091

        Title:      Experimental Domain-Based Message Authentication, 
                    Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) Extension for Public 
                    Suffix Domains 
        Author:     S. Kitterman,
                    T. Wicinski, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9091

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9091

Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance
(DMARC), defined in RFC 7489, permits a domain-controlling
organization to express domain-level policies and preferences for
message validation, disposition, and reporting, which a
mail-receiving organization can use to improve mail handling.

DMARC distinguishes the portion of a name that is a Public Suffix
Domain (PSD), below which Organizational Domain names are created. 
The basic DMARC capability allows Organizational Domains to specify
policies that apply to their subdomains, but it does not give that
capability to PSDs. This document describes an extension to DMARC to
fully enable DMARC functionality for PSDs.

Some implementations of DMARC consider a PSD to be ineligible for
DMARC enforcement.  This specification addresses that case.

This document is a product of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC