Subject: IESG Statement on Allocation of Email Addresses in the ietf.org Domain

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:01:52 -0700

IESG Statement on Allocation of Email Addresses in the ietf.org Domain

Online: <https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/email-addresses-ietf-domain/>

The IESG and LLC Board have formalized the following policy
regarding the allocation of email addresses in the ietf.org domain:

* New email addresses for general and administrative roles under
  ietf.org must be chosen to avoid conflicts with potential IETF
  mailing list names

* The IESG must be consulted before any new email addresses under
  ietf.org are created and will have the sole responsibility for
  approving and managing addresses under ietf.org

* New individual email addresses for LLC personnel will be allocated
  under a new staff.ietf.org subdomain, with the LLC being solely
  responsible for the approval and management of those addresses

* Existing individual email addresses under ietf.org at the time the
  policy goes into effect will continue to receive email, which will
  be forwarded to new staff.ietf.org subdomain addresses; and
  outbound mail should be preferably be sent from staff.ietf.org
  addresses or role-based ietf.org addresses

Lars Eggert
IETF Chair

Jason Livingood
Chair, IETF LLC Board