Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sacm-coswid-18.txt> (Concise Software Identification Tags) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 10:40:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Security Automation and Continuous
Monitoring WG (sacm) to consider the following document: - 'Concise Software
Identification Tags'
  <draft-ietf-sacm-coswid-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-08-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   ISO/IEC 19770-2:2015 Software Identification (SWID) tags provide an
   extensible XML-based structure to identify and describe individual
   software components, patches, and installation bundles.  SWID tag
   representations can be too large for devices with network and storage
   constraints.  This document defines a concise representation of SWID
   tags: Concise SWID (CoSWID) tags.  CoSWID supports a similar set of
   semantics and features as SWID tags, as well as new semantics that
   allow CoSWIDs to describe additional types of information, all in a
   more memory efficient format.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-coswid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.