Subject: RFC 9090 on Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Object Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 16:41:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9090

        Title:      Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) 
                    Tags for Object Identifiers 
        Author:     C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cbor-tags-oid-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9090

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9090

The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR), defined in RFC 8949,
is a data format whose design goals include the possibility of
extremely small code size, fairly small message size, and
extensibility without the need for version negotiation.

This document defines CBOR tags for object identifiers (OIDs) and is
the reference document for the IANA registration of the CBOR tags so
defined.

This document is a product of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC