Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18.txt> (ALTO Extension: Entity Property Maps) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 14:51:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization WG (alto) to consider the following document: - 'ALTO Extension:
Entity Property Maps'
  <draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-08-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document extends the base Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Protocol by generalizing the concept of "endpoint properties"
   to entities defined by a wide set of objects, instead of only IP
   addresses.  Further, these properties are presented as maps, similar
   to the network and cost maps in the base ALTO protocol.  The protocol
   is extended in two major directions.  First, from endpoints
   restricted to IP addresses to entities covering a wider and
   extensible set of objects; second, from properties on specific
   endpoints to entire entity property maps.  These extensions introduce
   additional features allowing entities and property values to be
   specific to a given information resource.  This is made possible by a
   generic and flexible design of entity and property types.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.