Subject: Last Call: RFC 8321 (Alternate-Marking Method for Passive and Hybrid Performance Monitoring) and RFC 8889 (Multipoint Alternate-Marking Method for Passive and Hybrid Performance Monitoring)to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:07:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an Area Director to make the
following status changes:

- RFC8321 from Experimental to Proposed Standard
    (Alternate-Marking Method for Passive and Hybrid Performance Monitoring)

- RFC8889 from Experimental to Proposed Standard
    (Multipoint Alternate-Marking Method for Passive and Hybrid Performance
    Monitoring)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc8321-rfc8889-alt-mark-to-ps/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8321/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8889/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc8321-rfc8889-alt-mark-to-ps/ballot/