Subject: RFC 9079 on Source-Specific Routing in the Babel Routing Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9079

        Title:      Source-Specific Routing in the Babel 
                    Routing Protocol 
        Author:     M. Boutier,
                    J. Chroboczek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-babel-source-specific-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9079

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9079

Source-specific routing, also known as Source Address Dependent
Routing (SADR), is an extension to traditional next-hop routing where
packets are forwarded according to both their destination address and
their source address.  This document describes an extension for
source-specific routing to the Babel routing protocol.

This document is a product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC