Subject: Last Call: <draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-03.txt> (Updating References to the IETF FTP Service) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 07:22:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Updating References to the IETF FTP Service'
  <draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF FTP service running at ftp.ietf.org, ops.ietf.org and
   ietf.org will be retired.  A number of published RFCs in the IETF and
   IAB streams include URIs that reference this FTP service.  To ensure
   that the materials referenced using the IETF FTP service can still be
   found, this document updates the FTP-based references in these
   affected documents with HTTPS URIs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.