Subject: RFC 9099 on Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 06:41:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9099

        Title:      Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 
                    Networks 
        Author:     É. Vyncke,
                    K. Chittimaneni,
                    M. Kaeo,
                    E. Rey
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-v6-27.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9099

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9099

Knowledge and experience on how to operate IPv4 networks securely is
available, whether the operator is an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
or an enterprise internal network. However, IPv6 presents some new
security challenges. RFC 4942 describes security issues in the
protocol, but network managers also need a more practical,
operations-minded document to enumerate advantages and/or
disadvantages of certain choices.

This document analyzes the operational security issues associated
with several types of networks and proposes technical and procedural
mitigation techniques. This document is only applicable to managed
networks, such as enterprise networks, service provider networks, or
managed residential networks.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC