Subject: RFC 9084 on OSPF Prefix Originator Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 12:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9084

        Title:      OSPF Prefix Originator Extensions 
        Author:     A. Wang,
                    A. Lindem,
                    J. Dong,
                    P. Psenak,
                    K. Talaulikar, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9084

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9084

This document defines OSPF extensions to include information
associated with the node originating a prefix along with the prefix
advertisement. These extensions do not change the core OSPF route
computation functionality but provide useful information for network
analysis, troubleshooting, and use cases like traffic engineering.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC