Subject: Protocol Action: 'Considerations for Cancellation of IETF Meetings' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 09:22:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Considerations for Cancellation of IETF Meetings'
  (draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting-06.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Stay Home Meet Only Online Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting/

Technical Summary

   The IETF holds three in-person meetings per year to discuss and
   understand issues.  However, various emergencies can make a planned
   in-person meeting infeasible.  The document contains recommendations
   for the LLC to apply when cancelling or postponing meetings under
   different conditions.

Working Group Summary

   Early in the process, the inclusion of governmental travel advisories
   generated some controversy but they were later removed from the
   text.

Document Quality

   The document has been thoroughly reviewed by several participants in
   the working group and has been discussed multiple times in the
   virtual meetings. 

Personnel

   Amelia Andersdotter is Document Shepherd.
   Lars Eggert is Responsible Area Director.