Subject: RFC 9085 on Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Extensions for Segment Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 12:18:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9085

        Title:      Border Gateway Protocol - Link 
                    State (BGP-LS) Extensions for Segment Routing 
        Author:     S. Previdi,
                    K. Talaulikar, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    H. Gredler,
                    M. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-ext-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9085

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9085

Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end
paths by encoding paths as sequences of topological subpaths, called
"segments". These segments are advertised by routing protocols, e.g.,
by the link-state routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPFv2, and OSPFv3)
within IGP topologies.

This document defines extensions to the Border Gateway Protocol -
Link State (BGP-LS) address family in order to carry SR information
via BGP.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC