Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-12.txt> (IGMP and MLD Proxy for EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 07:32:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'IGMP and MLD Proxy for EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) solution is becoming
   pervasive in data center (DC) applications for Network Virtualization
   Overlay (NVO) and DC interconnect (DCI) services, and in service
   provider (SP) applications for next generation virtual private LAN
   services.

   This draft describes how to support efficiently endpoints running
   IGMP for the above services over an EVPN network by incorporating
   IGMP proxy procedures on EVPN PEs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3673/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2949/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2942/