Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy using IPSP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:00:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy using IPSP'
  (draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Erik Kline and Éric Vyncke.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh/

Technical Summary

   This document enables IPv6 mesh over BLE networks. For enabling IPv6 mesh,
   the document specifies the use of Neighbor discovery, header compression
   and address autoconfiguration in context to multi-hop BLE links. The
   document utilizes BLE's IPSP profile support which can be used for IPv6
   communication on top of BLE links. Note however that the use of routing
   protocol is required for routing the packets and choosing appropriate
   parent set etc and is beyond the scope of this document.

Working Group Summary

   This draft has been discussed by 6lo working group and some of the BLE SIG
   experts.

Document Quality

   Nothing unusual to note.

   The authors have a prototype implementation but there is no production
   implementation.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Rahul Jadhav
   Responsible Area Director: Erik Kline