Subject: RFC 9098 on Operational Implications of IPv6 Packets with Extension Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:23:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9098

        Title:      Operational Implications of IPv6 Packets 
                    with Extension Headers 
        Author:     F. Gont,
                    N. Hilliard,
                    G. Doering,
                    W. Kumari,
                    G. Huston,
                    W. Liu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9098

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9098

This document summarizes the operational implications of IPv6
extension headers specified in the IPv6 protocol specification (RFC
8200) and attempts to analyze reasons why packets with IPv6 extension
headers are often dropped in the public Internet.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC