Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control-05.txt> (Additional Control Operators for CDDL) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 16:26:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Concise Binary Object Representation
Maintenance and Extensions WG (cbor) to consider the following document: -
'Additional Control Operators for CDDL'
  <draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL), standardized in RFC
   8610, provides "control operators" as its main language extension
   point.

   The present document defines a number of control operators that did
   not make it into RFC 8610: ".plus", ".cat" and ".det" for the
   construction of constants, ".abnf"/".abnfb" for including ABNF (RFC
   5234/RFC 7405) in CDDL specifications, and ".feature" for indicating
   the use of a non-basic feature in an instance.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.