Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv-08.txt> (Network Service Header Metadata Type 2 Variable-Length Context Headers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 10:00:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG (sfc)
to consider the following document: - 'Network Service Header Metadata Type 2
Variable-Length Context Headers'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Service Function Chaining (SFC) uses the Network Service Header (NSH)
   (RFC 8300) to steer and provide context Metadata (MD) with each
   packet.  Such Metadata can be of various Types including MD Type 2
   variable length context headers.  This document specifies several
   such context headers that can be used within a service function path.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.