Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7299-update-00.txt> (Update to the Object Identifier Registry for the PKIX Working Group) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:39:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Update to
the Object Identifier Registry for the PKIX Working Group'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7299-update-00.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When the Public-Key Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) Working Group
   was chartered, an object identifier arc was allocated by IANA for use
   by that working group.  RFC 7299 describes the object identifiers
   that were assigned in that arc.  A small number of object identifiers
   that were assigned in RFC 4212 are not included in RFC 7299, and this
   document corrects that oversight.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7299-update/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.