Subject: Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control-06.txt> (Additional Control Operators for CDDL) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 09:35:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Concise Binary Object Representation
Maintenance and Extensions WG (cbor) to consider the following document: -
'Additional Control Operators for CDDL'
  <draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL), standardized in RFC
   8610, provides "control operators" as its main language extension
   point.

   The present document defines a number of control operators that were
   not yet ready at the time RFC 8610 was completed: .plus, .cat and
   .det for the construction of constants, .abnf/.abnfb for including
   ABNF (RFC 5234/RFC 7405) in CDDL specifications, and .feature for
   indicating the use of a non-basic feature in an instance.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.