Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-07.txt> (Fast Failover in Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) Using Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multipoint Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:48:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocols for IP Multicast WG (pim)
to consider the following document: - 'Fast Failover in Protocol Independent
Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM)
   Using Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multipoint
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how Bidirectional Forwarding Detection for
   multipoint networks can provide sub-second failover for routers that
   participate in Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).
   An extension to the PIM Hello message used to bootstrap a point-to-
   multipoint BFD session is also defined in this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4172/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3302/