Subject: RFC 9132 on Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:55:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9132

        Title:      Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling 
                    (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, Ed.,
                    J. Shallow,
                    T. Reddy.K
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2021 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      107
        Obsoletes:  RFC 8782

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9132

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9132

This document specifies the Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat
Signaling (DOTS) signal channel, a protocol for signaling the need
for protection against Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks
to a server capable of enabling network traffic mitigation on behalf
of the requesting client.

A companion document defines the DOTS data channel, a separate
reliable communication layer for DOTS management and configuration
purposes.

This document obsoletes RFC 8782.

This document is a product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC