Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Data Model for Babel' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-babel-yang-model-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 13:28:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Data Model for Babel'
  (draft-ietf-babel-yang-model-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-yang-model/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a data model for the Babel routing protocol.
   The data model is defined using the YANG data modeling language.

Working Group Summary

   This YANG model is based on the Babel RFCs (the Base Protocol RFC
   8966 and security protcols RFCs 8967 and 8968) and the Babel
   information model (draft-ietf-babel-information-model which is in
   the RFC Editor's queue). This draft was originally last called in
   November of 2019 and approved based on the mailing list support and
   November IETF meeting discussion:
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/babel/QGxLY-QsKnQClovMqi2eVVCbIjo/
   However, shortly thereafter some questions arose on the information
   and YANG models. These were discussed over the ensuing months with
   the conclusion that no significant YANG changes were required. A
   confirmatory WG LC extension was issued resulting in further support
   and no opposition so consensus was confirmed as follows:
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/babel/51ghA03etPG9UdbtSeghPDVR2qk/

Document Quality

   The document is of good quality. An early YANG doctor review was
   done and the comments were resolved:
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/babel/5CVaLWJegUC5nrN50E-2CNM1n60/
   Routing and Security Directorate reviews have found the draft Ready.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Donald Eastlake
   Area Director: Martin Vigoureux