Subject: RFC 9106 on Argon2 Memory-Hard Function for Password Hashing and Proof-of-Work Applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 23:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9106

        Title:      Argon2 Memory-Hard Function for Password 
                    Hashing and Proof-of-Work Applications 
        Author:     A. Biryukov,
                    D. Dinu,
                    D. Khovratovich,
                    S. Josefsson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       September 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9106

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9106

This document describes the Argon2 memory-hard function for password
hashing and proof-of-work applications.  We provide an
implementer-oriented description with test vectors.  The purpose is
to simplify adoption of Argon2 for Internet protocols.  This document
is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG) in the IRTF.

This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC