Subject: Last Call: <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06.txt> (IETF Discussion List Charter) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 08:52:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'IETF Discussion List Charter'
  <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-23. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) discussion mailing list
   furthers the development and specification of Internet technology
   through the general discussion of topics for which no dedicated
   mailing lists exists.  As this is the most general IETF mailing list,
   considerable latitude is allowed, but there are posts and topics that
   are unsuitable for this mailing list.

   This document obsoletes RFC3005.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eggert-bcp45bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.