Subject: Last Call: Status change of HTTP experiments to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 09:52:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make the
following status changes:

- RFC2169 from Experimental to Historic
    (A Trivial Convention for using HTTP in URN Resolution)

- RFC2296 from Experimental to Historic
    (HTTP Remote Variant Selection Algorithm -- RVSA/1.0)

- RFC2310 from Experimental to Historic
    (The Safe Response Header Field)

- RFC2660 from Experimental to Historic
    (The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol)

- RFC2774 from Experimental to Historic
    (An HTTP Extension Framework)

- RFC8164 from Experimental to Historic
    (Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-experiments-to-historic/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2169/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2296/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2310/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2660/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2774/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8164/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-experiments-to-historic/ballot/