Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Modules describing Capabilities for Systems and Datastore Update Notifications' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:08:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Modules describing Capabilities for Systems and Datastore Update
   Notifications'
  (draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities-21.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities/

Technical Summary

   This document defines two YANG modules, "ietf-system-capabilities" and
   "ietf-notification-capabilities".

   The module "ietf-system-capabilities" provides a placeholder
   structure that can be used to discover YANG related system
   capabilities for servers.  The module can be used to report
   capability information from the server at run-time or implementation-
   time, per the YANG Instance Data File Format.

   The module "ietf-notification-capabilities" augments "ietf-system-
   capabilities" to specify capabilities related to Subscription to YANG
   Notifications for Datastore Updates.

Working Group Summary

   There was nothing in the process worth noting.   The authors
   originally thought the solution should just define capabilities
   for notifications only, but the WGLC expanded the scope to 
   define system-level capabilities that the notification-specific
   capabilities augmented into.

Document Quality

   The Shepherd is unaware of any implementations nor commitments,
   although I anticipate that implementations are very likely.

   The document went through a YANG Doctor review as part of the
   Last Call process.

Personnel

   The Shepherd is Kent Watsen.
   The responsible AD is Robert Wilton.