Subject: RFC 9068 on JSON Web Token (JWT) Profile for OAuth 2.0 Access Tokens

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:44:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9068

        Title:      JSON Web Token (JWT) Profile 
                    for OAuth 2.0 Access Tokens 
        Author:     V. Bertocci
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-access-token-jwt-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9068

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9068

This specification defines a profile for issuing OAuth 2.0 access
tokens in JSON Web Token (JWT) format. Authorization servers and
resource servers from different vendors can leverage this profile to
issue and consume access tokens in an interoperable manner.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC