Subject: Protocol Action: 'Updating References to the IETF FTP Service' to Proposed Standard (draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 12:50:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updating References to the IETF FTP Service'
  (draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Éric Vyncke.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers/

Technical Summary

   The IETF FTP service running at ftp.ietf.org, ops.ietf.org and
   ietf.org will be retired.  A number of published RFCs in the IETF and
   IAB streams include URIs that reference this FTP service.  To ensure
   that the materials referenced using the IETF FTP service can still be
   found, this document updates the FTP-based references in these
   affected documents with HTTPS URIs.

Working Group Summary

   This is an AD sponsored document.  It was discussed with the IESG and went through the IETF Last Call procedure with some comments, which should be addressed by the author before the actual ballot.

Document Quality

   Multiple reviews have been done and the tools team agrees with the content.

Personnel

   Éric Vyncke is the responsible AD.