Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-09.txt> (Channel Bindings for TLS 1.3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 11:20:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document: - 'Channel
Bindings for TLS 1.3'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-09.txt> as Proposed
  Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-10-15. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a channel binding type, tls-exporter, that is
   compatible with TLS 1.3 in accordance with RFC 5056, On Channel
   Binding.  Furthermore it updates the "default" channel binding to the
   new binding for versions of TLS greater than 1.2.  This document
   updates RFC5801, RFC5802, RFC5929, and RFC8446.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.