Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Instance Data File Format' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:03:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Instance Data File Format'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-21.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format/

Technical Summary

   There is a need to document data defined in YANG models when a live
   server is unavailable.  Data is often needed at design or
   implementation time or needed when a live running server is
   unavailable.  This document specifies a standard file format for YANG
   instance data, which follows the syntax and semantics of existing
   YANG models, and annotates it with metadata.

Working Group Summary

  This document is clearly useful and had good support in the WG.

Document Quality

   The document has had a good level of discussion.  I would like to thank
   Kent, the shepherd who performed as detailed review of this document
   that improved its quality and consistency.

   Ericsson implemented an earlier version of this draft and plans to
   implement the final version once it's published.  I expect other
   vendors to implement.  Other IETF network management work
   makes use of the file format defined by this document.

   There was a YANG doctor review during last call.

Personnel

   The Shepherd is Kent Watsen.
   The responsible AD is Robert Wilton.