Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-samples-05.txt> (S/MIME Example Keys and Certificates) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 08:59:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'S/MIME
Example Keys and Certificates'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-samples-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The S/MIME development community benefits from sharing samples of
   signed or encrypted data.  This document facilitates such
   collaboration by defining a small set of X.509v3 certificates and
   keys for use when generating such samples.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-samples/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.