Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy-14.txt> (Segment Routing Policy Architecture) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 16:26:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in Networking
WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'Segment Routing Policy
Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) allows a headend node to steer a packet flow
   along any path.  Intermediate per-path states are eliminated thanks
   to source routing.  The headend node steers a flow into an SR Policy.
   The packets steered into an SR Policy carry an ordered list of
   segments associated with that SR Policy.  This document details the
   concepts of SR Policy and steering into an SR Policy.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3184/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3185/