Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis-05.txt> (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 04:18:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the HTTP WG (httpbis) to consider the
following document: - 'Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2)'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification describes an optimized expression of the semantics
   of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), referred to as HTTP
   version 2 (HTTP/2).  HTTP/2 enables a more efficient use of network
   resources and a reduced latency by introducing field compression and
   allowing multiple concurrent exchanges on the same connection.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7540 and RFC 8740.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.