Subject: RFC 9141 on Updating References to the IETF FTP Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 23:18:02 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9141

        Title:      Updating References to the IETF 
                    FTP Service 
        Author:     R. Danyliw
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Updates:    RFC 2077, RFC 2418, RFC 2648, RFC 2954, 
                    RFC 2955, RFC 3020, RFC 3083, RFC 3201, 
                    RFC 3202, RFC 3295, RFC 3684, RFC 3962, 
                    RFC 3970, RFC 4036, RFC 4131, RFC 4251, 
                    RFC 4323, RFC 4546, RFC 4547, RFC 4639, 
                    RFC 4682, RFC 5098, RFC 5428, RFC 6756, 
                    RFC 7241

        I-D Tag:    draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9141

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9141

The IETF FTP service running at ftp.ietf.org, ops.ietf.org, and
ietf.org will be retired.  A number of published RFCs in the IETF and
IAB streams include URIs that reference this FTP service.  To ensure
that the materials referenced using the IETF FTP service can still be
found, this document updates the FTP-based references in these
affected documents with HTTPS URIs.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC