Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-09.txt> (Extensible Prioritization Scheme for HTTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 06:39:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the HTTP WG (httpbis) to consider the
following document: - 'Extensible Prioritization Scheme for HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a scheme that allows an HTTP client to
   communicate its preferences for how the upstream server prioritizes
   responses to its requests, and also allows a server to hint to a
   downstream intermediary how its responses should be prioritized when
   they are forwarded.  This document defines the Priority header field
   for communicating the initial priority in an HTTP version-independent
   manner, as well as HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 frames for reprioritizing
   responses.  These share a common format structure that is designed to
   provide future extensibility.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.