Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr-11.txt> (Conveying a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in a Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP) Bootstrapping Request) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 03:53:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network Configuration WG (netconf)
to consider the following document: - 'Conveying a Certificate Signing
Request (CSR) in a Secure Zero Touch
   Provisioning (SZTP) Bootstrapping Request'
  <draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-23. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft extends the "get-bootstrapping-data" RPC defined in RFC
   8572 to include an optional certificate signing request (CSR),
   enabling a bootstrapping device to additionally obtain an identity
   certificate (e.g., an LDevID, from IEEE 802.1AR) as part of the
   "onboarding information" response provided in the RPC-reply.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-netconf-crypto-types: YANG Data Types and Groupings for Cryptography (None - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))