Subject: RFC 9164 on Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses and Prefixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:36:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9164

        Title:      Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) 
                    Tags for IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses 
                    and Prefixes 
        Author:     M. Richardson,
                    C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cbor-network-addresses-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9164

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9164

This specification defines two Concise Binary Object Representation
(CBOR) tags for use with IPv6 and IPv4 addresses and prefixes.

This document is a product of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC