Subject: Document Action: The Safe Response Header Field to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 10:06:52 -0800

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- The Safe Response Header Field
  (rfc2310) to Historic

This document action is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-experiments-to-historic/

A URL of the affected document is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2310/

Status Change Details:

Over the years, a number of HTTP-related Experimental RFCs were published:

- RFC2169: A Trivial Convention for using HTTP in URN Resolution (published
June 1997) - RFC2296: HTTP Remote Variant Selection Algorithm -- RVSA/1.0
(published March 1998) - RFC2310: The Safe Response Header Field (published
April 1998) - RFC2660: The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol (published
August 1999) - RFC2774: An HTTP Extension Framework (published February 2000)
- RFC8164: Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2 (published May 2017)

This note acknowledges that these experiments have ended and, as there is no
evidence of widespread use, designates the above RFCs as Historic.

Personnel

   Francesca Palombini is the responsible Area Director.