Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-12.txt> (Benchmarking Methodology for Network Security Device Performance) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 09:37:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG (bmwg)
to consider the following document: - 'Benchmarking Methodology for Network
Security Device Performance'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-12-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides benchmarking terminology and methodology for
   next-generation network security devices including next-generation
   firewalls (NGFW), next-generation intrusion prevention systems
   (NGIPS), and unified threat management (UTM) implementations.  The
   main areas covered in this document are test terminology, test
   configuration parameters, and benchmarking methodology for NGFW and
   NGIPS.  This document aims to improve the applicability,
   reproducibility, and transparency of benchmarks and to align the test
   methodology with today's increasingly complex layer 7 security
   centric network application use cases.  As a result, this document
   makes [RFC3511] obsolete.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.