Subject: Moved to Historic: RFC 8164 on Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:51:26 -0800 (PST)

RFC 8164 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 8164

        Title:      Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2 
        Author:     M. Nottingham,
                    M. Thomson
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-11

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8164

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8164

This document describes how "http" URIs can be accessed using
Transport Layer Security (TLS) and HTTP/2 to mitigate pervasive
monitoring attacks.  This mechanism not a replacement for "https"
URIs; it is vulnerable to active attacks.

This document is a product of the HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC