Subject: Reminder: Call for nominations: IETF appointment to the ISOC Board of Trustees

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 09:17:56 -0800

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial 
support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the 
IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 4 Trustees to its Board (BoT), 
with staggered 3-year terms. 
 
This year, the IAB will select one person for a term beginning in 
mid-2022 and ending in mid-2025. The incumbent is Richard Barnes, who 
has served two consecutive terms in this role and therefore cannot seek 
another term due to term limits. The IAB would like to thank Richard for 
his six years of service.

A description of the IAB's process for selecting the Trustee each year 
can be found in RFC 3677. The Trustee selected for 2022 will be seated 
at ISOC's Annual General Meeting in June 2022.
 
Nominations 
----------- 
 
The IAB is looking for a diverse pool of candidates. Nominations 
(including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB Executive 
Administrative Manager at <[email-masked]>. Please include e-mail contact 
details with the nomination. 

The deadline for nominations is 23:59 UTC on Tuesday, 2022-01-04.
  
Nomination Details 
------------------ 
 
Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three-year 
terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees 
selected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal 
management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation
in Board meetings plus conference-call meetings, as detailed by
the ISOC Bylaws:

https://www.internetsociety.org/about-internet-society/governance-policies/by-laws/

The desirable characteristics of a candidate that are specific
to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are outlined in
section 2 of RFC 3677.

The IAB is aware that this call for nominations will overlap with the
process for the selection of the IETF Administration LLC Board.
Nominations for individuals who are candidates for the LLC Board
are welcome, but the IAB intends not to appoint any individual
selected for the IETF Administration LLC board to the ISOC Board
of Trustees.
 
Nominees are asked to provide to the IAB: 
 
1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this 
   process. 
 
2. Full name and contact information. 
 
3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an 
   appropriate level of time to activities associated with the 
   position of Trustee. 
 
4. A brief biography outlining experience and background. 
 
5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society, goals 
   as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee. 
 
6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB in 
   considering your nomination. 
 
Time Commitment 
--------------- 
 
Trustees are expected to commit the time necessary to perform regular 
board and committee business. Trustees are also expected to allocate
some time to attend and prepare for meetings. 

Care of Personal Information 
---------------------------- 
 
The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this 
process: 
 
- The candidate's name will be published, with all other candidate 
  names, at the close of the nominations period.
 
- Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the nominated 
  candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the confirmation 
  process. The IESG will be requested to maintain confidentiality 
  of the candidate's information.
 
- Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB during
  this process will be kept confidential to the IAB. 

Current IETF-Selected Trustees 
------------------------------

The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their terms of appointment 
are: 
 
- Richard Barnes, 2016-2022
- Laura Thomson, 2020-2023
- Brian Haberman, 2021-2024
- Jon Peterson, 2021-2024