Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Extended Community Registries Update' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 13:05:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP Extended Community Registries Update'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry/

Technical Summary

   This document updates several BGP Extended Community registries in
   order to replace the "Experimental Use" registration procedure in
   some entries, since their use is clearly not experimental and thus
   misleading.

   This document updates RFC7153.

Working Group Summary

  The Working group had a solid consensus on this document 
  which specifies a change of registration procedures.  

Document Quality

   This document updates a registry, so there are no operational 
   or implementation considerations.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd:  Susan Hares
   Area Director: Alvaro Retana