Subject: RFC 9165 on Additional Control Operators for the Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 07:10:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9165

        Title:      Additional Control Operators for the 
                    Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL) 
        Author:     C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-control-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9165

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9165

The Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL), standardized in RFC
8610, provides "control operators" as its main language extension
point.

The present document defines a number of control operators that were
not yet ready at the time RFC 8610 was completed: , , and  for the
construction of constants; / for including ABNF (RFC 5234 and RFC
7405) in CDDL specifications; and for indicating the use of a
non-basic feature in an instance.

This document is a product of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC