Subject: RFC 9159 on IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy Using the Internet Protocol Support Profile (IPSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:46:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9159

        Title:      IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low 
                    Energy Using the Internet Protocol Support 
                    Profile (IPSP) 
        Author:     C. Gomez,
                    S.M. Darroudi,
                    T. Savolainen,
                    M. Spoerk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9159

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9159

RFC 7668 describes the adaptation of IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless
Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) techniques to enable IPv6 over
Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth LE) networks that follow the star
topology. However, recent Bluetooth specifications allow the
formation of extended topologies as well. This document specifies
mechanisms that are needed to enable IPv6 mesh over Bluetooth LE
links established by using the Bluetooth Internet Protocol Support
Profile (IPSP). This document does not specify the routing protocol
to be used in an IPv6 mesh over Bluetooth LE links.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC