Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-10.txt> (GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Shared Mesh Protection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:09:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'GMPLS Signaling
Extensions for Shared Mesh Protection'
  <draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-03. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   ITU-T Recommendation G.808.3 defines the generic aspects of a Shared
   Mesh Protection (SMP) mechanism, where the difference between SMP and
   Shared Mesh Restoration (SMR) is also identified.  ITU-T
   Recommendation G.873.3 defines the protection switching operation and
   associated protocol for SMP at the Optical Data Unit (ODU) layer.
   RFC 7412 provides requirements for any mechanism that would be used
   to implement SMP in a Multi-Protocol Label Switching - Transport
   Profile (MPLS-TP) network.

   This document updates RFC 4872 and RFC 4873 to provide the extensions
   to the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling
   to support the control of the SMP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.