Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-19.txt> (Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Telemetry) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:32:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG (dots)
to consider the following document: - 'Distributed Denial-of-Service Open
Threat Signaling (DOTS) Telemetry'
  <draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-01-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document aims to enrich the DOTS signal channel protocol with
   various telemetry attributes, allowing for optimal Distributed
   Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attack mitigation.  It specifies the normal
   traffic baseline and attack traffic telemetry attributes a DOTS
   client can convey to its DOTS server in the mitigation request, the
   mitigation status telemetry attributes a DOTS server can communicate
   to a DOTS client, and the mitigation efficacy telemetry attributes a
   DOTS client can communicate to a DOTS server.  The telemetry
   attributes can assist the mitigator to choose the DDoS mitigation
   techniques and perform optimal DDoS attack mitigation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-telemetry/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.