Subject: RFC 9174 on Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence-Layer Protocol Version 4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 23:03:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9174

        Title:      Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence-Layer 
                    Protocol Version 4 
        Author:     B. Sipos,
                    M. Demmer,
                    J. Ott,
                    S. Perreault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      62
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9174

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9174

This document describes a TCP convergence layer (TCPCL) for
Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN). This version of the TCPCL protocol
resolves implementation issues in the earlier TCPCL version 3 as
defined in RFC 7242 and provides updates to the Bundle Protocol (BP)
contents, encodings, and convergence-layer requirements in BP version
7 (BPv7). Specifically, TCPCLv4 uses BPv7 bundles encoded by the
Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) as its service data unit
being transported and provides a reliable transport of such bundles.
This TCPCL version also includes security and extensibility
mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC