Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-11.txt> (Carrying Binding Label/Segment Identifier in PCE-based Networks.) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:28:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Carrying Binding Label/Segment Identifier
in PCE-based Networks.'
  <draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-01-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In order to provide greater scalability, network confidentiality, and
   service independence, Segment Routing (SR) utilizes a Binding Segment
   Identifier (BSID).  It is possible to associate a BSID to an RSVP-TE-
   signaled Traffic Engineering Label Switched Path or an SR Traffic
   Engineering path.  The BSID can be used by an upstream node for
   steering traffic into the appropriate TE path to enforce SR policies.
   This document specifies the binding value as an MPLS label or Segment
   Identifier.  It further specifies an approach for reporting binding
   label/Segment Identifier (SID) by a Path Computation Client (PCC) to
   the Path Computation Element (PCE) to support PCE-based Traffic
   Engineering policies.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6: PCEP Extensions for Segment Routing leveraging the IPv6 data plane (None - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))