Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 CodePoint for MPLS LSP Ping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:39:46 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 CodePoint for MPLS LSP Ping'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint/

Technical Summary:

   This document proposes the code point to be used in the Segment ID
   Sub-TLV and Downstream Detailed Mapping TLV when the IGP is OSPFv3.
   This document also updates RFC8287 by clarifying that the existing
   "OSPF" code point is to be used only to indicate OSPFv2, and by
   defining the behavior when the Segment ID Sub-TLV indicates the use
   of IPv6.

Working Group Summary:

   The progress of this document was smooth and it is generally 
   understood within the working group that the document is needed. 

Document Quality:

   There are existing implementations of the protocol, using the early 
   allocations.

Personnel:

   Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd.
   Martin Vigoureux is the Responsible Area Director