Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-ao-test-vectors-04.txt> (TCP-AO Test Vectors) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:09:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
WG (tcpm) to consider the following document: - 'TCP-AO Test Vectors'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-ao-test-vectors-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-01. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides test vectors to validate implementations of
   the two mandatory authentication algorithms specified for the TCP
   Authentication Option over both IPv4 and IPv6. This includes
   validation of the key derivation function (KDF) based on a set of
   test connection parameters as well as validation of the message
   authentication code (MAC). Vectors are provided for both currently
   required pairs of KDF and MAC algorithms: one based on SHA-1 and the
   other on AES-128. The vectors also validate both whole TCP segments
   as well as segments whose options are excluded for middlebox
   traversal.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-ao-test-vectors/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.