Subject: Call for Nominations for the ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 12:59:40 -0800

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB provides two technical experts to the 
ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG)[1]. The current 
appointees are Ted Hardie and Geoff Huston. Ted has asked to step down 
from this role; the IAB thanks him for his service.

Call for Nominations

The IAB is asking the community for a volunteer to serve on the GWG. If 
you are interested, please send a short email message to [email-masked] 
and [email-masked] with your motivation and information concerning 
your familiarity with the IETF and the Root Server System (RSS) as well 
as the other standards organizations represented on the GWG. The 
deadline for nominations is Monday, 2022-04-04 at 23:59 UTC. 

The IAB is looking for a diverse pool of candidates. The selected 
candidate will serve on the GWG on personal title; however, the IAB will 
be looking for candidates who have an understanding of the interests of 
the technical community.

This appointment does not have a fixed term; however, work of the GWG is 
expected to conclude once the final model ("GWG Model") of cooperation 
and governance for the RSS has been delivered and the RSSAC, ICANN 
Board, ICANN community, IETF/IAB, and RSOs have considered its outcomes.

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone 
else for one of the GWG positions, please send an email message to 
[email-masked] and [email-masked] by 23:59 UTC on Monday, 2022-04-04.

On behalf of the IAB,
Cindy Morgan
IAB Executive Administrative Manager

[1] https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=120820189