Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-13.txt> (Frame Marking RTP Header Extension) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 04:55:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document: - 'Frame Marking
RTP Header Extension'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-13.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a Frame Marking RTP header extension used to
   convey information about video frames that is critical for error
   recovery and packet forwarding in RTP middleboxes or network nodes.
   It is most useful when media is encrypted, and essential when the
   middlebox or node has no access to the media decryption keys.  It is
   also useful for codec-agnostic processing of encrypted or unencrypted
   media, while it also supports extensions for codec-specific
   information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/5248/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/5249/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3154/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2876/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/5245/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/5246/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/5247/