Subject: Protocol Action: 'Support for iCalendar Relationships' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:59:53 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Support for iCalendar Relationships'
  (draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Francesca Palombini.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations/

Technical Summary

  This spec extends the iCalendar format (RFC5545) to add new
  properties (LINK, CONCEPT and REFID) to allow better linking
  and grouping of related iCalendar records.

Working Group Summary

  This document has been around for a long time and been through
  multiple revisions and discussions since it was first proposed
  in 2013, and first accepted by this working group in 2016.

  The main delay has been my (Bron, document Shepherd) fault, as
  it's had multiple working group last calls, and then I've just
  not gotten around to submitting it until the document expired.
  Blame 2020.

Document Quality

  The extensions to iCalendar are all very easy to understand and
  to implement.  The concepts in this document have already been
  implemented in the jscalendar format (RFC8984) - though there is
  not need to cross-reference them, as that will be done in a
  separate mapping document between the two protocols, which is
  still being finalised, and will reference both this docuement
  and that one (draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar-icalendar).

Personnel

  Document Shepherd - Bron Gondwana (CALEXT co-chair)
  Responsible Area Director - Francesca Palombini