Subject: RFC 9199 on Considerations for Large Authoritative DNS Server Operators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 22:36:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9199

        Title:      Considerations for Large Authoritative DNS 
                    Server Operators 
        Author:     G. Moura,
                    W. Hardaker,
                    J. Heidemann,
                    M. Davids
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-moura-dnsop-authoritative-recommendations-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9199

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9199

Recent research work has explored the deployment characteristics and
configuration of the Domain Name System (DNS).  This document
summarizes the conclusions from these research efforts and offers
specific, tangible considerations or advice to authoritative DNS
server operators.  Authoritative server operators may wish to follow
these considerations to improve their DNS services.

It is possible that the results presented in this document could be
applicable in a wider context than just the DNS protocol, as some of
the results may generically apply to any stateless/short-duration
anycasted service.

This document is not an IETF consensus document: it is published for
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC