Subject: Last Call: <draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis-02.txt> (JavaScript Session Establishment Protocol (JSEP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 09:23:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document: - 'JavaScript
Session Establishment Protocol (JSEP)'
  <draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-05. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the mechanisms for allowing a JavaScript
   application to control the signaling plane of a multimedia session
   via the interface specified in the W3C RTCPeerConnection API and
   discusses how this relates to existing signaling protocols.

   This specification obsoletes RFC 8829.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.