Subject: Protocol Action: 'An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ace-aif-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 02:45:10 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE'
  (draft-ietf-ace-aif-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-aif/

Technical Summary

   This specification provides a generic information model  and format
   for representing such authorization information (information about
   which entities are authorized to perform what operations), as well as two
   variants of a specific instantiation of that format for use with REST
   resources identified by URI path.

Working Group Summary

The WG was supportive of this work, which is already a normative
dependency of a couple other documents.

Document Quality

The technical mechanisms in this document are fairly straightforward
and have received ample review.  It is deemed to be sufficiently well
specified that other ACE documents (group-communication-related)
are using it to convey their authorization information.
A media type review request was posted just over a year ago
for an earlier revision,
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/media-types/sl2NFBvcaKtPH4LL7cCpTkwjy5E/ ,
which resulted in a (DE) reviewer saying it is mostly fine and just
in need of correction in terms of a few details of the registration template.

Personnel

The Document Shepherd is Loganaden Velvindron.
The Responsible Area Director is Benjamin Kaduk.