Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-anima-constrained-join-proxy-09.txt> (Constrained Join Proxy for Bootstrapping Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 07:37:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Autonomic Networking Integrated
Model and Approach WG (anima) to consider the following document: -
'Constrained Join Proxy for Bootstrapping Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-anima-constrained-join-proxy-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a protocol to securely assign a Pledge to a
   domain, represented by a Registrar, using an intermediary node
   between Pledge and Registrar.  This intermediary node is known as a
   "constrained Join Proxy".  An enrolled Pledge can act as a
   constrained Join Proxy.

   This document extends the work of Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key
   Infrastructures (BRSKI) by replacing the Circuit-proxy between Pledge
   and Registrar by a stateless/stateful constrained Join Proxy.  It
   relays join traffic from the Pledge to the Registrar.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-join-proxy/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.