Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison-02.txt> (Pros and Cons of IPv6 Transition Technologies for IPv4aaS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 09:14:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Pros and Cons of IPv6 Transition
Technologies for IPv4aaS'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Several IPv6 transition technologies have been developed to provide
   customers with IPv4-as-a-Service (IPv4aaS) for ISPs with an IPv6-only
   access and/or core network.  All these technologies have their
   advantages and disadvantages, and depending on existing topology,
   skills, strategy and other preferences, one of these technologies may
   be the most appropriate solution for a network operator.

   This document examines the five most prominent IPv4aaS technologies
   considering a number of different aspects to provide network
   operators with an easy to use reference to assist in selecting the
   technology that best suits their needs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.