Subject: Last Call: <draft-davies-int-historic-03.txt> (Deprecating infrastructure "int" domains) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 08:04:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Deprecating infrastructure "int" domains'
  <draft-davies-int-historic-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The document marks as historic any "int" domain names that were
   designated for infrastructure purposes, and identifies them for
   removal from the "int" top-level domain.  Any implementation that
   involves these domains should be considered deprecated.  This
   document also marks RFC 1528 and RFC 1706 as historic, and updates
   RFC 1591 by removing the documented use of "int" for international
   databases.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-davies-int-historic/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.