Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-raw-ldacs-10.txt> (L-band Digital Aeronautical Communications System (LDACS)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 07:42:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Reliable and Available Wireless WG
(raw) to consider the following document: - 'L-band Digital Aeronautical
Communications System (LDACS)'
  <draft-ietf-raw-ldacs-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-04. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document gives an overview of the architecture of the L-band
   Digital Aeronautical Communications System (LDACS), which provides a
   secure, scalable and spectrum efficient terrestrial data link for
   civil aviation.  LDACS is a scheduled, reliable multi-application
   cellular broadband system with support for IPv6.  LDACS provides a
   data link for IPv6 network-based aircraft guidance.  High reliability
   and availability for IP connectivity over LDACS, as well as security,
   are therefore essential.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-raw-ldacs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.