Subject: RFC 9189 on GOST Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9189

        Title:      GOST Cipher Suites for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2 
        Author:     S. Smyshlyaev, Ed.,
                    D. Belyavsky,
                    E. Alekseev
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      92
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-smyshlyaev-tls12-gost-suites-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9189

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9189

This document specifies three new cipher suites, two new signature
algorithms, seven new supported groups, and two new certificate types
for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2 to
support the Russian cryptographic standard algorithms (called "GOST"
algorithms). This document specifies a profile of TLS 1.2 with GOST
algorithms so that implementers can produce interoperable
implementations. 

This specification facilitates implementations that aim to support
the GOST algorithms. This document does not imply IETF endorsement of
the cipher suites, signature algorithms, supported groups, and
certificate types.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC