Subject: RFC 9226 on Bioctal: Hexadecimal 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:21:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9226

        Title:      Bioctal: Hexadecimal 2.0 
        Author:     M. Breen
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-breen-bioctal-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9226

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9226

The prevailing hexadecimal system was chosen for congruence with
groups of four binary digits, but its design exhibits an indifference
to cognitive factors.  An alternative is introduced that is designed
to reduce brain cycles in cases where a hexadecimal number should be
readily convertible to binary by a human being.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC