Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: Dlt-networking

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 09:54:25 -0700

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/dlt-networking/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dlt-networking

Purpose: 
Crypto currencies (such as Bitcoin) and their DLT networks (such as Blockchain) 
don’t concern themselves with the underlying TCP/IP network. They have a P2P network,
with a pool of transport layer (TCP, UDP) connections, and they have done a good job 
securing their application and hope the TCP/IP network performs as needed. 
What is the impact of choices made by the application design on the network, e.g., 
in terms of costs, traffic generated etc.? This list help share work to understand the 
impact of DLTs on provider networks and the possible opportunities to improve on
those impacts. And there are a variety of opportunities to understand including DLTs
potentially providing better trust with packet capture data,

moving network management to a decentralized smart contract-based system, signing
routing advertisements and proof of transit, possibly including RPKI ROA’s in a blockchain,
and how overlays, such as LISP, could provide intimacy between the application layer and 
network layer. A DLT in Networking side meeting occurred at IETF 113 and this list will 
provide an opportunity for the participants to further discuss this topic.

This list belongs IETF area: Routing