Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions-07.txt> (BGP Link-State Extensions for Seamless BFD) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:45:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'BGP Link-State Extensions for Seamless
BFD'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) defines a
   simplified mechanism to use Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
   with large portions of negotiation aspects eliminated, thus providing
   benefits such as quick provisioning as well as improved control and
   flexibility to network nodes initiating the path monitoring.  The
   link-state routing protocols (IS-IS and OSPF) have been extended to
   advertise the Seamless BFD (S-BFD) Discriminators.

   This document defines extensions to the BGP Link-state address-family
   to carry the S-BFD Discriminators' information via BGP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.