Subject: RFC 9225 on Software Defects Considered Harmful

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:17:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9225

        Title:      Software Defects Considered Harmful 
        Author:     J. Snijders,
                    C. Morrow,
                    R. van Mook
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dont-write-bugs-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9225

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9225

This document discourages the practice of introducing software
defects in general and in network protocol implementations
specifically.  Software defects are one of the largest cost drivers
for the networking industry.  This document is intended to clarify
the best current practice in this regard.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC