Subject: [Ietf-community-india] Welcome to the IETF Community India Mailing List

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:36:56 +0530

Hi Everyone,

This mailing list is for IETF participants from India (and those
interested to contributing to Indian networking ecosystem with focus
on IETF activity). This will be used to co-ordinate local events such
as mini-conferences, meetups, discussions of new technical ideas,
meetings, workshops and remote hubs. This will also include
announcements such as Fellowships and relevant workshops. This will
discuss issues specific to Indian contributors from the IETF (such as
visa logistics for IETF travel). This will be also used to facilitate
people to find regional mentors for their specific interest areas.
Participants will include network engineers, academics and researchers
and software implementer. The idea is to use this list for people to
connect with each other and contribute productively to the IETF.

Please ask your friends who are interested in the IETF to subscribe on
this mailing list.

Thanks
Vinayak

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:32:40 +0000 (UTC)

All,

The IETF Mentoring Team is starting Internet Draft Review Teams.

You may sign up here.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z8KD8GB

The purpose of Internet Draft review teams is to provide a way for people to get started posting to the email list for an IETF Working Group or reading Internet Drafts together.  Sometimes people (especially when new) are not comfortable with the process of posting to the Working Group email list or want to check with others about their understanding of an Internet Draft before asking a question or posting a suggestion. 

So, you may fill out this form if you want to be a member of such a team.  Once we get 4 or 5 members who wish to participate in such a team, we will email everyone to form the group and start working together.  You may meet once or many times.  It is up to you.  Your first task will be to select together the Internet Draft that you want to review. 

We will get a remote mentor (experienced IETFer) to help you with selection of the draft or in your discussions.  The result of your discussions should be comments to the email list of the Working Group.
Thanks,

Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Nalini Elkins
IETF Mentoring Team
Inside Products, Inc.
www.insidethestack.com
(831) 659-8360