Subject: [Ietf-community-india] Introducing the IIESoc (Indian Internet Engineering Society) and Call for volunteers

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 21:25:24 +0530

Hi all,

Several active IETFers (across cities) have got together and started a
volunteer-driven non-profit for increasing adoption of IETF standards and
increasing IETF participation from India. We also plan to have various
volunteer-driven events such as IETF bootcamps and Hackathons. We are also
planning to have an Pre-IETF conference in Bangalore (in November). A small
blurb about IIESoc

"
IIESoc (India Internet Engineering Society) is a non-profit entity that
brings together different stakeholders from the computer networking
community across industry, academia, service providers and government. It
exists to further the adoption of IETF standards and increase awareness &
participation in the IETF process.
"
You can read about the mission of IIESoc at
http://iiesoc.in/pages/mission.html

We had an IETF Rountable recently in Delhi co-ordinated by Harish from NIXI
and Mr T. Santhosh from Ministry of Electronics and IT (MEITY), Govt of
India. I have written a blog post about it at
http://iiesoc.in/round-table-discussion-on-ietf-capacity-building-in-india.html
You can download the presentations from the page above.

Dhruv Dhody is another active volunteer who has written about his
experience at a IETF Hackathon.
http://iiesoc.in/hackathon-at-ietf.html

A few of us have been ISOC fellows to the IETF and written about our
experiences. Vinayak Hegde (Bangalore), Harish Chowdhary (Delhi) and
Abhijan Bhattacharyya (Kolkata). we have written about it at
http://iiesoc.in/isoc-fellowship-to-the-ietf-past-fellows-speak.html

If you are interested in volunteering and participating in IIESoc
activities please write to Sudhin Jacob (cc-ed in this mail) -
[email-masked]

Regards
Vinayak
[Volunteer at IIESoc]

---

From: Anand Raje <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:19:37 +0530

Hi all,

As  part of the initiatives ISOC published a blog post of ISOC Kolkata
Chapter's project on IETF capacity building, a qualified Beyond the net
project - IICB Phaase 2 (Indian IETF Capacity Building Program).
The formation of IIESoc is giving a collaborative platform for more
engagement.

Read more @
https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/community-grants-community-projects/2017/03/how-ietf-community-shaping-technology-build-better

Regards
Anand
[Volunteer at IIESoc]

Anand Raje
about.me/anandraje
<http://about.me/anandraje>

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]> wrote:

> You can read about the mission of IIESoc at http://iiesoc.in/pages/
> mission.html
>
> We had an IETF Rountable recently in Delhi co-ordinated by Harish from
> NIXI and Mr T. Santhosh from Ministry of Electronics and IT (MEITY), Govt
> of India. I have written a blog post about it at
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-community-india mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-community-india
>
>