Subject: [Ietf-community-india] Call for Papers for SANOG 30 - South Asian Network Operators Group

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:41:39 +0530

Hi all,

The 30th edition of SANOG is happening in Gurgaon, India from 10-18
Jul 2017 consisting of a a 2 day conference and 3 days of workshops
and turorials each. SANOG is a non-profit forum for Data Network
Operators in South Asia. more details at http://sanog.org/

It is a good place to talk to network operators, ISP and Peering
exchanges operating in the SAARC region.

==== CFP follows ====

The following is an open call for papers/presentations for the
conference and tutorial sessions for 30th South Asian Network
Operators Group (SANOG) Meeting being hosted from July 10, 2017
onwards at Gurgaon Haryana (adjacent to New Delhi) in India.

Important dates regarding the Call for Papers:

Call For Paper : April 15, 2017
Deadline For Proposals : June 23, 2017
Paper Confirmation (First Round): May 31, 2017
Paper Confirmation (Second Round): June 28, 2017
SANOG XXX : July 10-18, 2017

Please submit Online at: Paper Submission Page
(http://papers.sanog.org/user/login.php?event=56)

Note: Any marketing, sales and vendor proprietary content in
presentation is against the spirit of the SANOG and it is strictly
prohibited.

Conference Presentation:
The conference will be comprised of 6 session in two days, including
the plenary. The tracks are for general ideas, and feel free to
propose talks that you think are relevant to the operational and
Internet research community. The topics given below are not exclusive.
Presentations are expected to be 25 minutes long with technical
content.

* Network Operations
* Routing in the IP Core, BGP, MPLS, IPv6
* Data Center, Switching Technologies, SAN & Virtualization
* Security, IDS, DoS mitigation
* Internet Exchange Point, transit & peering
* Mobile Internet, M2M, Internet of Things
* Any case studies or learning related to operational technologies
that you want to share with the community

Tutorial Proposals:
Tutorial proposals are invited in the following general areas. Please
feel free to propose additional ideas and topics. Tutorials generally
are either half or full days.

* Routing in the IP Core, BGP, MPLS, IPv6
* Data Center, Switching Technologies, SAN & Virtualization
* Security, IDS, DoS mitigation
* Internet Exchange Point, transit & peering
* Mobile Internet, M2M, Internet of Things

Track 1: Network operations.
In this session we invite papers, reports and presentations from
network operators, equipment vendors and academic institutions
conducting network research on operational issues. Possible topics for
this track are:

- Prevention and mitigation of Denial of Service attacks including intrusion
- Routing policies and architecture for scalable IP and broadband networks
- Data Center Management and Operations
- MPLS and QoS implementation experiences
- Traffic management and measurement
- Network migration issues (IPv4 to v6, Layer 2 to IP etc.)

Track 2: Applications and Services.

This track will discuss various services that can be enabled on packet
networks. Papers and presentations are invited from developers,
operators, equipment vendors and research organisations on the
following and related topics

- Voice and Multimedia over IP
- Managed network services including Security and VPNs
- Mail servers, Spam prevention and migitation
- Wireless Technology and Applications
- Data mining for performance enhancements/abuse control/QoS

Track 3: Peering and IXP.
This is to cater to the growing demand on the newly established
Internet Exchange Points in the region. As local ISPs are going
international, we would like to invite both regional and international
experts to share their ideas and experience on these topics.

- Internet Exchange Points Operations
- Peering Techniques and Policies
- BGP Multihoming Techniques

Track 4:
Regional updates. This track is fairly broad, and will include updates
from ISPs, regional Internet exchanges, APNIC, routing table updates
and such information that would be useful to the SANOG community. You
are also welcome to submit proposals for BoFs, tutorials and other
tracks.

Please submit Online at - Paper Submission Page
(http://papers.sanog.org/user/login.php?event=56)