Subject: [Ietf-community-india] Fwd: Invitation: Sam Pitroda, Carl Malamud lecture

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:21:01 +0530

FYI.

Sam Pitroda and Carl Malamud are both famous personalities and have been
working in open standards for a while. This is a great opportunity to
interact with them.

More about Sam Pitroda  at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Pitroda
More about Carl Malamud at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Malamud

Register link in the trailing email below.

-- Vinayak

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandhya Ramesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Subject: Invitation: Sam Pitroda, Carl Malamud lecture
To: Vinayak <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello Vinayak,

On Sunday, 15 October, we have organized a lecture by internet and telecom
pioneers, Carl Malamud and Sam Pitroda, in collaboration with NUMA.

Carl and Sam will talk about their efforts in India, US, and other
countries to help promote universal access to knowledge. They’ll discuss
the constitutional underpinnings of this right in India and some of the
information they’ve been making available, including 3 lakh books from the
Digital Library of India, 19,000 official standards from the Bureau of
Indian Standards, and a raft of other resources such as the entire
Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi.

*They will discuss how key laws such as the Right to Information make this
possible, but will focus more on how the world of open source and the
Internet can turn that promise into a reality.* Universal access to
knowledge is the great unmet promise of our times, and they will talk about
what we can do, collectively, to make this dream possible.

Please consider this email an invitation to attend the event. Your
participation and insights will add considerable value to the
conversations. *Do note that while the event is free, the venue has limited
seating.* You must RSVP to confirm attendance.

Register here: https://geekup.in/2017/right-to-information-and-knowledge
<http://email.hasgeek.com/wf/click?upn=A-2FxSwfV3dR3tghQVj-2BcrA7295Hvh9X4twsxES9b-2Fds7LG0SGDveiNeJjqW8bz5R3KFTpOejbLhVNEKnQSvH4qXN3UuTGSCR4aH7noAKxuGudWVYEKEPJrKIFcJ2Io6oKqUUem4Des8paMfS81Rhx0-2BLfiRGRvD-2F1YUY4Fvil3YU-3D_cBa8hQ80S22MpPc79gnBUJocszlsHew3TfHPMt9774qagzz1C7X-2FipAl5kIEJw-2BH0xxrK-2FhqyRNMkaHgu0gXFgNtfWySDLEiTuOrTZZ5W-2B09KPJ93OCmfz-2FA5sW6w0pnXcGtaYDLfm-2FeCjr7CttwHbn0H-2FLc9zYwWulSeMcXee9nQfLO1w-2BX8fbQcY9OBqih9PTGRd-2FXL-2FPI7qzNjjOJYg-3D-3D>

I also request you to share this invitation with your colleagues at IETF
and your mailing list.

*Event details* *Date:* Sunday, 15 Oct 2017
*Venue:* NUMA, Cobalt Building, 46/1, Church Street, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok
Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
*Timings:* 3pm to 5pm

*Speaker bios:* Sam Pitroda was a senior advisor to Prime Ministers Rajiv
Gandhi and Manmohan Singh, and is widely credited for having led India’s
telecommunications and technology revolutions in the 1980s. Dr. Pitroda
holds 20 honorary PhDs, close to 100 worldwide patents, and helped create
the first digital PBXs in the 1960s.

Carl Malamud started the first radio station on the Internet and is
considered one of the pioneers of the U.S. open government movement. Carl
runs Public.Resource.Org, an NGO which has placed hundreds of millions of
pages of government information online, including all 19,000 Indian
Standards.

*About the organizers:* *HasGeek*: HasGeek creates discussion spaces for
individuals who are curious and passionate about technology, health and
fitness, media, and emerging problems in data science, machine learning,
payments, content management, and mobile and web development. HasGeek has
been organizing some of India’s finest technology conferences since 2010.
We care about free internet, free speech, ethics and integrity in media,
and parity between genders (including persons of non-binary genders).
https://hasgeek.com
<http://email.hasgeek.com/wf/click?upn=Xqee5CH3mOn-2FCtWrV4wriSNIKKi-2B35C1YrjlVRfxFI3FKQJ3SY2FKLU45VUW2RgjOt-2Fx7cSF7PlEQZB-2B31i0mlHlR3sUQiZmuvZXks7hlz7oaOakoRw3YZKAAeWotZC3_cBa8hQ80S22MpPc79gnBUJocszlsHew3TfHPMt9774qagzz1C7X-2FipAl5kIEJw-2BHGBUj8tqvF2XuWi4m2x0Z8WqxBJ1K-2Fm6GolcxJ60zI257O-2FFMa0kbuZabd6sYYcpOqQgXaYMjGuqxWgXPqatIhotvRZd-2FZztiM7gb-2FWFMMfVQVYmrSuq334EUyR40NQcMDQVC-2BWvLqu7LmLDmE7Dg7w-3D-3D>
*NUMA*: NUMA is a global innovation network that works with startups,
corporates, and the wider tech community with the aim to empower
mission-driven tech entrepreneurs to solve the global problems of 2030.
Initiated in Paris, France, NUMA offers startup acceleration, tech-related
events, coworking spaces and corporate innovation globally. Its local hubs
are located in: Paris, Moscow, Bengaluru, Casablanca , Barcel ona, Mexico,
Berlin and New York City.

If you have any queries about the event, call us on 767633202 or write to
[email-masked]