Subject: [ietf-dkim] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-threats-00.txt]

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:31:24 -0800

For any of you that missed it on i-d-announce, the next iteration of the
threats document is now available.

Comments, of course, welcomed.

-Jim

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-threats-00.txt
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:50:02 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Analysis of Threats Motivating DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
	Author(s)	: J. Fenton
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dkim-threats-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2006-1-23
	
   This document provides an analysis of some threats against Internet
   mail that are intended to be addressed by signature-based mail
   authentication, in particular DomainKeys Identified Mail.  It
   discusses the nature and location of the bad actors, what their
   capabilities are, and what they intend to accomplish via their
   attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-threats-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dkim-threats-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-threats-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.
		
_______________________________________________
ietf-dkim mailing list
http://dkim.org

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:34:26 +0000

Thanks Jim,

And of course this is the document we should be concentrating
upon since we want the next revision to be last-called in just
a few weeks. Please do read and comment (I'll send a mail in a
minute about "issues list" handling for this). I know its less
fun to comment on this, than to speculate on mailing lists etc.
(and I'm as guilty as anyone;-) but we do need this document to
get done to make progress.

Cheers,
Stephen.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dkim-charter.html