Subject: [ietf-dkim] RFC 4387 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via HTTP (fwd)

From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:41:18 -0800 (PST)

Obviously per your limited charter you'd consider this OT, but still FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:25:38 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4387 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational
     Protocols: Certificate Store Access via HTTP

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4387

         Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                     Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via
                     HTTP
         Author:     P. Gutmann,  Ed.
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       February 2006
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      25
         Characters: 63182
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-09.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4387.txt

The protocol conventions described in this document satisfy some of the
operational requirements of the Internet Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
This document specifies the conventions for using the Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) as an interface mechanism to obtain certificates and
certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from PKI repositories.  Additional
mechanisms addressing PKIX operational requirements are specified in
separate documents.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--22b50466d5aa20ab9f92be34617c09da

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4387

         Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                     Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via
                     HTTP
         Author:     P. Gutmann,  Ed.
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       February 2006
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      25
         Characters: 63182
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-09.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4387.txt

The protocol conventions described in this document satisfy some of the
operational requirements of the Internet Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
This document specifies the conventions for using the Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) as an interface mechanism to obtain certificates and
certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from PKI repositories.  Additional
mechanisms addressing PKIX operational requirements are specified in
separate documents.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to &lt;http://dkim.org/ietf-list-rules.html&gt;