Subject: [ietf-dkim] New issue: optional exponent needed or not?

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:37:31 +0000

Folks,

I believe that our current key selector only allows/defines
how to include an RSA modulus since everyone basically uses
65537 as the public exponent.

I guess there's a very, very sight possibility that sometime
in the future a fixed public exponent could become a problem
that could be fixed by using some other value.

Should we provide an optional way to specify the public
exponent (with a "SHOULD NOT use" btw) just in case? Most
or all other RSA public key structures do allow this.

If so, the addition could be a new tag or else to
comma-separate the modulus and exponent in the current
tag value.

Apologies if this is already handled, I'm going offline
now and haven't time to check (and would otherwise forget
during my trip home doubtless;-)

Stephen.

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html