Subject: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Clarify delegation to 3rd parties

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:50:36 +0000

I'd like there to be a very clear consensus as to what's included
here, e.g. we are not going to mandate who generates keys, so
we thus cannot say whether a private key is being used for >1
sending domain. As it is, the feature is mentioned a number of
times, without ever really saying what's to be supported.

That may create potential holes. The problem is that there might be
many of those.  Is there any way that this feature could be separated
out into some kind of extension spec? Anyway, perhaps a section
specific to delegation should be added?

S.

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:18:40 -0800

> times, without ever really saying what's to be supported.

I do not understand what existing (or missing) text you are concerned about.

I also do not understand what problem you are identifying.

Unfortunately this means that I have no clue about what is needed to fix the 
issue you are raising.

> many of those. 

How is this a "hole"?

d/
-- 

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
<http://bbiw.net>
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html