Subject: [ietf-dkim] Posting rights restricted to registered email address

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:03:34 -0600

Folks,

The DKIM mailing list gets quite a bit of spam.  Consequently I have set the 
mailing list to quietly discard postings from email addresses that are not 
subscribed.

There is a small list of additional addresses that do not receive postings but 
are allowed to submit messages.

If you *really* need to be able to post from multiple addresses, please send me 
the address(s).  Curiously, mailman does not provide a means of letting a 
subscriber add their own aliases.

d/
-- 

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
<http://bbiw.net>
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:06:26 -0600

Folks,

> If you *really* need to be able to post from multiple addresses, please 
> send me the address(s).  Curiously, mailman does not provide a means of 
> letting a subscriber add their own aliases.

well, well...

It has been pointed out to me that the mailman lets you subscribe and then 
change your attributes to be "no delivery".  In other words, you are a member of 
the list, with posting rights, but mailman does not send you a copy of postings.

So, some folks are doing double subscriptions, along the line of:

   [email-masked] :  set to no delivery
   [email-masked]: normal delivery

They can post from the first address, but delivery of their copy goes to the second.

d/

-- 

Dave Crocker