Subject: [ietf-dkim] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-threats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Analysis of Threats Motivating DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
	Author(s)	: J. Fenton
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dkim-threats-01.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2006-3-7
	
This document provides an analysis of some threats against Internet
   mail that are intended to be addressed by signature-based mail
   authentication, in particular DomainKeys Identified Mail.  It
   discusses the nature and location of the bad actors, what their
   capabilities are, and what they intend to accomplish via their
   attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-threats-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dkim-threats-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-threats-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:01:09 +0000

I'd like to thank Jim for his work in producing this in time for Dallas.

Barry and I plan to start a wg last call on this in the next couple of
days (as soon as we've collated the "issues" dispositions), so you might
want to start reading now, but hold comments for a bit if you don't
mind. We'll probably have the last call run to the end of the Dallas
meeting week.

We'll also circulate a more concrete agenda when we start the last call
(one that includes slots for open issues on this and base).

Regards,
Stephen.

PS: I haven't had any requests for slots from anyone else so far, so
if you do want one please drop a mail to one of the chairs.

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Arvel Hathcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:01:27 -0600

Thanks Jim!  Printing it now...

-- 
Arvel