Subject: [ietf-dkim] Today's jabber.

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:14:18 +0100

Folks, we're meeting at 0800 US west coast, 1100 US east
coast, 1600 here (Dublin), 1700 in "mainland" Europe, and
at horrible times elsewher (sorry again).

That's 1500 GMT basically.

The room is [email-masked] - note the change in
the server name. I'm in the room now if anyone wants to
test.

Barry and I knocked up the attached rules of the road
for today, we can change/add as necessary but I guess
we need something to start with.

Our agenda for today is simple:

0. Roundup
1. Agenda bashing
2. Finalise text for x=
3. AOB

Regards,
Stephen.

0. Formally the NOTE WELL, applies and will be quoted when the meeting is
brought to order by the chairs, otherwise the rules for a face-to-face apply
perhaps modified a bit by the rules for a design team meeting. That'll be
worked out in the fullness of time. This is an experiment aimed at resolving
technical issues, bring any process issues or othter formalities up on the
mailing list and/or the IETF discuss list later.

1. Be patient, polite and give the "floor" to others, just as you would were
you a face-to-face meeting.

2. Say your name into the microphone - in this case that means minimally making
sure we can determine your email address in case we need to correlate some mail
with the jabber logs. Be aware that not all jabber clients cause a  useful name
to appear in the logs.

3. Defer to the chairs, so they can run this as a meeting. If the chairs start
typing, maybe everyone else stop till they're done.

4. Make it clear when you're finished a statement, use EOM or something if
necesary, since it might not be clear to all (incl. non-native English
speakers) that you're finished.

5. If the chairs ask for a "hum" say "hum" if you agree, anything intepreted by
the chairs as being positive (yes, yep, yippee, ganz gnau) will count as a hum.

6. It has happened at some face to face meetings that there were too many
people in the room. In that case the chairs might ask for volunteers to leave
and follow the meeting via the logs. (Too much of that and the chairs should
abandon ship.) We should be ok though, I believe the limit's 250.

7. The meeting ends when the agenda items are completed. The chairs declare
which agenda item is being discussed. The chairs may ask for any other business
at the end, or they may not, if time doesn't allow.  The meeting is over when
the chairs declare it over, even if that's early.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html