Subject: [ietf-dkim] Issues needing tracking

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:29:24 -0700

Issues not within tracking system:

H. Otis, g= template	        Jabber Status: review on list
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003762.html

J. Otis, i= parameter		Jabber Status: review on list
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003762.html

L. Otis, signature expiration	Missed on agenda due to time and  
neglected.
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003765.html

Ticket 1290: 			Is in error.  It should reference:
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003831.html

-Doug
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:28:17 +0100

Thanks Doug, we'll include those next time,
S.

Douglas Otis wrote:
> NOTE WELL: This list operates according 
> tohttp://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html
>

---

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:53:10 -0700

On Jun 8, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Another error discovered in the original agenda.

>> J. Otis, i= parameter        Jabber Status: review on list

http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003763.html

>> NOTE WELL: This list operates according tohttp://mipassoc.org/dkim/ 
>> ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:57:50 +0200

As a reminder, when you wish to raise a new issue, please indicate "new
issue" in the subject.

> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003762.html

Now Issue 1292.
> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003762.html

Same message same issue.

> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003765.html

This is not a new issue, and has been covered at great length.
> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003831.html

Thank you.  I have closed 1290 and opened 1293 to reflect this.

Eliot

---

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 06:39:00 -0700

> > http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003762.html

Sorry, I had copied this link from the agenda. Here is the correction again.

> This is not a new issue, and has been covered at great length.

This issue only relates to the RECOMMENDED recommendation.  This change
is recommending OPTIONAL instead, as there is no practical means to use
this parameter safely as described.  Do you recall that being covered?

> Thank you.  I have closed 1290 and opened 1293 to reflect this.

Thank you.

-Doug

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:44:17 +0200

> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003763.html

Now issue 1294.
> this parameter safely as described.  Do you recall that being covered?
The text of "RECOMMENDED" was scrutinized somewhat by a co-chair on the
mailing list on a message on 7 April 06 at 3:50PM IST (that would Irish
Summer Time).  William Leibzon directly suggested making the text
optional on that same day at 12:09PM PDT.  Although not responding
directly to Mr. Leibzon, Paul Hoffman argued against optional in a
message sent at 12:52PM PDT.  Mr. Leibzon reiterated his recommendation
during the poll on 4/11/06.

Eliot