Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] base-03: Key lookup parameters

From: Eric Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 07:36:07 -0700

The point of passing i= is to allow extension in the future to 
possible per-user keying.  You wouldn't do this in DNS, but another 
protocol should be able to handle it easily.

eric

--On May 31, 2006 2:45:30 PM -0700 Jim Fenton <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Section 3.6 gives an abstract definition of a key lookup function,
> which is good in generalizing the description of this process
> beyond the dns/txt representation.  However, it includes i= as a
> parameter in the lookup.  Is there ever a situation where q (lookup
> type), d (domain) and s (selector) aren't sufficient?  I view i
> (the local part, in particular) as something that gets compared
> with the g value in the result, but not a key for the lookup,
> independent of the type of key service used.
>
> -Jim
> _______________________________________________
> NOTE WELL: This list operates according to
> http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html
>

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html