Subject: [ietf-dkim] Requirements clarification: DNS Exchange determinism

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:00:15 -0400

***************
*** 465,471 ****

     1.  Discovery mechanism MUST be rooted in DNS.

!    2.  Discovery mechanism MUST converge in a deterministic number of
         exchanges.

            [Informative Note: this, for all intents and purposes is a
--- 470,476 ----

     1.  Discovery mechanism MUST be rooted in DNS.

!    2.  Discovery mechanism MUST converge in a deterministic maximum number 
of
         exchanges.

            [Informative Note: this, for all intents and purposes is a
***************

The point is to have a reliable maximum.  As written the requirement would 
seem to require a standard number of exchanges, not just a maximum.  We 
shouldn't prohibit efficiencies if we can find them.

Scott K
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html