Subject: RE: [ietf-dkim] Delegated signatures in real life

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:23 -0400

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:13:00 -0500 Arvel Hathcock <[email-masked]> 
wrote:
>> It's not a matter of money, but a matter of the complexity of dealing 
with 
>> an audience that the first step in the process is you have to explain 
what 
>> a DNS service IS and they have very limited time or interest in 
>> understanding. 
>
>Believe me, I can sympathize with that experience.  However, DKIM-BASE 
already requires the use of DNS so we've crossed this bridge already 
haven't we?
Absolutely, but we need to make it as simple and accessible as we can 
reasonably do for this class of user.  Before getting into another 
discussion about what that is, I'm waiting for the requirements -01 draft.

Scott K
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Steve Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:50:03 -0700

> discussion about what that is, I'm waiting for the requirements -01  

I fear we may already be long past "simple and accessible" for most
interesting classes of user.

Cheers,
   Steve