Subject: [ietf-dkim] Jabber meeting Thursday 1500 UTC

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:26:46 +0100

Venue: [email-masked]
Date: Thursday September 21 2006
Time: 1500 UTC (1600 Dublin, 1100 New York)
Duration: 1 hr

Agenda:

#1 agenda bash (2 min)
#2 ssp-reqs issues and requirements (50)
#3 further jabber session logistics (5)
#4 AOB

For item 2, since there are so few discrete issues [2]
at this point, we'll be going through each of the
potential requirement in ssp-reqs-01 [2] (which hasn't
appeared in the I-D dir yet for some reason) to see if
each achieves consensus at the jabber meeting.

To make this clearer the first part of this will be
discussing putative requirement 5.1.1 which says
"Discovery mechanism MUST be rooted in DNS", after
that we move onto 5.1.2 etc.

We'll see how many we manage to get through this week
and plan future sessions on that basis.

The chair may decide to change the order in which we
consider issues and requirements if we reckon that
doing things in some other order is better.

I've attached the rules-of-engagement we started
with in the spring. We still want to follow those.

Feel free to comment on this on the list beforehand
or to the chairs off-list if you prefer,

Stephen.

[1] 
https://rt.psg.com/Search/Results.html?Order=ASC&Query=Queue%20%3D%20'dkim'%20AND%20(Status%20%3D%20'open'%20OR%20Status%20%3D%20'new')&Rows=50&OrderBy=id&Format=

[2] http://mtcc.com/standards/draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-requirements-01.html

0. Formally the NOTE WELL, applies and will be quoted when the meeting is
brought to order by the chairs, otherwise the rules for a face-to-face apply
perhaps modified a bit by the rules for a design team meeting. That'll be
worked out in the fullness of time. This is an experiment aimed at resolving
technical issues, bring any process issues or othter formalities up on the
mailing list and/or the IETF discuss list later.

1. Be patient, polite and give the "floor" to others, just as you would were
you a face-to-face meeting.

2. Say your name into the microphone - in this case that means minimally making
sure we can determine your email address in case we need to correlate some mail
with the jabber logs. Be aware that not all jabber clients cause a  useful name
to appear in the logs.

3. Defer to the chairs, so they can run this as a meeting. If the chairs start
typing, maybe everyone else stop till they're done if they so ask.

4. Make it clear when you're finished a statement, use EOM or something if
necesary, since it might not be clear to all (incl. non-native English
speakers) that you're finished.

5. If the chairs ask for a "hum" say "hum" if you agree, anything intepreted by
the chairs as being positive (yes, yep, yippee, ganz gnau) will count as a hum.

6. It has happened at some face to face meetings that there were too many
people in the room. In that case the chairs might ask for volunteers to leave
and follow the meeting via the logs. (Too much of that and the chairs should
abandon ship.) We should be ok though, I believe the limit's 250.

7. The meeting ends when the agenda items are completed. The chairs declare
which agenda item is being discussed. The chairs may ask for any other business
at the end, or they may not, if time doesn't allow.  The meeting is over when
the chairs declare it over, even if that's early. Participants may of course
continue to chat afterwards.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html