Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP and mailing lists

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 0:33 -0400

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:14:11 -0700 Steve Atkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>I certainly think that not breaking DKIM signatures will be a mild  
>positive
>for mailing list software, and in product terms it's probably a smart  
>thing
>to do. Why break something if you can easily avoid doing so?
>
What percentage of mailing lists are you on where the list server doesn't 
modify the body of the message?  For me it's 0%.

I think "easily avoid" substantially understates the mailing list problem.

Scott K
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:03:13 -0700

>I think "easily avoid" substantially understates the mailing list problem.
my software routinely gets into the high 90% range for list traversal.
With some improvements I've made, I expect that to be much closer
to 100% when it gets installed at Cisco.

       Mike