Subject: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Generic requirements for SSP, v1.

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:56:59 -0700

We ought to focus on the basic functional requirements for an SSP, 
before we worry much about the implementation details.

I think the basic functional requirements are:

1. SSP is an extension of the DKIM message signing service.

2. The DKIM message signing service can be more useful, if potential 
signers have the ability to notify receive-side processing services 
about the constraints under which the potential signer sends mail. This 
permits distinguishing conformant messages from non-conformant messages.

3. SSP needs an extensible publication mechanism, to permit incremental 
definition of practices

(I'm sure there are more, but this seems like an adequate set for starting.)

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html