Subject: [ietf-dkim] test -- ignore

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:18:58 -0800

d/
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:53:42 -0800

Folks,

OK.  So I didn't understand how visible the effects of my experiment would be, 
or how much impact it would have on folks' filters, ability to reply to bounce 
messages, etc.

Those using the List-ID header field for filtering are notably affected.

Up until now, the domain name "dkim.org" has had limited utility.  We (cisco and 
me and my ISP) recently made a change to give it full and direct support for 
access to the web pages.

I therefore, quite casually, modified one of the entries in the mailing list 
administration page, to use dkim.org rather than mipassoc.org.  I did not 
realize how that string was used, and it switched things like List-ID and the 
bounce address.

On the theory that mipassoc.org is already embedded in folks's address books and 
that the effort to make both the mailing list configuration and everyone else's 
use of the domain name would be far more effort than useful, I have switched 
that mailing list field back to mipassoc.org.

So, dkim.org is what to use for the web page.

mipassoc.org is what to use for the mailing list.

Sorry for the (my) confusion.

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:09:45 -0800

i hope that my public response resolved this?

again, sorry for the confusion.

d/

Ólafur Guðmundsson wrote:
> Is the change back to
>  >List-Id: IETF DKIM Discussion List <ietf-dkim.mipassoc.org>
> 
> permanent or should I filter on something more stable ?
> 
>         thanks
>         Olafur
> 
> At 00:18 14/11/2006, you wrote:
>> d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker