Subject: [ietf-dkim] req 6.3.8 support?

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:47:37 -0800

Does this requirement have support? I've seen no discussion on it that
I can recall which means that it probably doesn't.

	Mike

    8.   [PROVISIONAL] The protocol MUST have the ability to provide
         practices and expectations keyed off of the local part of the
         [RFC2822].From address.  As with all provisional requirements,
         this requirement must not be in conflict with other
         requirements, including DNS considerations, etc.

            [INFORMATIVE NOTE: this requirement seems to have rather weak
            support.  It's mainly been added so that it can be issue-
            tracked. /mat]

            [Refs: Deployment Scenario 4]
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:16:35 -0500

>             [Refs: Deployment Scenario 4]

In theory I can see it to mirror per user keys, but I'm not sure what problem 
it would be solving.  I'd suggest you hold on to it until we see what policy 
requirements we are going to support and then we can make a determination if 
any of those policy requirements are in need of per localpart support.

Scott K