Subject: [ietf-dkim] Possible extensions for SSP // domain tasting correction

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:46:57 -0700

I have been informed the justifications for "domain tasting" in the  
tpa-ssp draft is wrong and will be corrected.

"While domain tasting allows registrars to avoid retracting a flood  
of fraudulent credit card transactions, ..."  Instead, domain tasting  
is to uncover domains that might generate traffic.  Credit card fraud  
was not the motivation.  However, there are spikes of withdrawals at  
about 20 days (well beyond the 5 day period) that could be related to  
credit card fraud.  As an organization attempting to offer domain  
related services, this type of behavior is very onerous as it  
obscures fraud.  Jon Postal would not be proud.

Here is an article by Frank Schilling.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/historical_analysis_domain_tasting/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Schilling

-Doug
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html