Subject: [ietf-dkim] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:00:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DKIM Sender Signing Practices
        Author(s)       : E. Allman, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00.txt
        Pages           : 19
        Date            : 2007-06-18
                                                                                           
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) defines a domain-level
authentication framework for email using public-key cryptography and
key server technology to permit verification of the source and
contents of messages by either Mail Transport Agents (MTAs) or Mail
User Agents (MUAs).  The primary DKIM protocol is described in
[RFC4871].
This document describes the records that senders may use to advertise
how they sign their outgoing mail, and how verifiers should access
and interpret those results.
                                                                                           
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00.txt
                                                                                           
To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00.txt".
                                                                                           
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
                                                                                           
Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00.txt".
                                                                                           
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:19:22 +0100

Couple of quick notes on that:

1. Thanks to Jim for getting it out before his vacation.

2. Since he's on vacation we might have to wait if we've
"why'd you do that..." questions, though other authors
are about.

3. Remember that this is a -00 I-D so don't treat it as
if its written in store. OTOH, concrete alternatives are
much better than just criticising - we have after all
been chatting about this for ages already.

S.

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:40:33 +0100

And of course, don't reply to Internet-drafts either
like I just did:-)

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:00:13 -0700

PDF and HTML versions are now available at:

   <http://dkim.org/ietf-dkim.htm#ssp>

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:14:18 +0100

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00.txt

But that URL does not seem to work, and I cannot find it at my usual
mirror (ftp.nordu.net). Please can somebody fix it?

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131                       
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:28:31 +0100 (IST)

> mirror (ftp.nordu.net). Please can somebody fix it?

Yes. Its somehow gotten marked as expired, probably due to the
new I-D submission tool (this draft was one of the guinea pigs
for that).

You can see it from the tools page listing for DKIM [1].

I've mailed to try get it fixed, dunno where that's at.

S.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dkim/

---

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:55:44 -0700

The downgrade attack is not addressed in the security recommendations.

Regardless of whether the group thinks that the attack is out of scope the group must either:

1) Provide a mechanism that allows the attack to be prevented.

2) Understand the problem well enough to write a security considerations section.

The first is much easier than the second.

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:56:07 -0700

and, there's:

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker