Subject: [ietf-dkim] DKIM 1st Interoperability Event -- 24-25 Oct 2007, Dallas

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:53:45 -0400

Folks,

The first DKIM Interoperability Testing Event is now officially set for:

    Wednesday, 24 Oct 2007 - 1:30-7:00 pm
    and
    Thursday, 25 Oct 2007 - 8:30-4:30pm

at the Dallas Alt-N offices, quite near the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport.

If you have not yet declared your interest to participant, but wish to, please 
let me know.  Equally important is joining the event mailing list at 
[email-masked].

    To subscribe, go to: <http://dkim.org/mailman/listinfo/interop>

The list archive already contains assorted, exciting postings about event 
logistics, and the like.

Remote participation will be permitted, but physical presence is strongly 
encouraged.  Note that it will be possible for a participant to be at the 
site, but use their remote facilities for the testing -- particularly handy 
for service providers with their own implementations.

To be specific: the purpose of the event is to do direct interoperability 
testing. The details of the testing are being developed by those intending to 
participate, using the event mailing list, beforehand.

Typical Internet protocol interoperability events are for conducting 
engineering testing, rather than as a milestone formality such as 
"certification".  It will also have only a small amount of joint marketing.

Participants are specifically prohibited from using the results to suggest one 
vendor's superiority over another.  What happens at an interop stays at an 
interop...

The schedule is designed to permit participants from North America to be away 
from home for only one night, traveling the morning of the first day and 
returning the evening of the second.

Ten organizations have already indicated their intent to participate.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html