Subject: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Interoperability Event Press Release

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:40:58 -0600

Folks,

This was sent over Business Wire today:

      Internet Messaging Leaders Work Together to Fight Email Fraud

      Email Testing Event Strengthens Sender Accountability

DALLAS, Texas and SUNNYVALE, California – November 6, 2007 – In the ongoing
battle to combat email fraud and phishing scams that diminish the value of
legitimate email, a group of dedicated engineers from 20 leading ISPs,
messaging product companies and industry associations gathered for two days to
test DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) – an email authentication standard
recently approved by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). DKIM permits
an organization to add a digital “fingerprint” to outgoing email. Receivers
can then validate the message using the organization’s domain name, such as
“example.com".

Testing covered different scenarios for signing and validating email messages
between participants’ products and services. Progress was tracked on a large
matrix, which recorded each successful interoperability test. By the
conclusion of the event, the matrix was nearly 100% complete!
...

Complete article:

      <http://dkim.org/news/DKIM%20Interop%20Event%20PR%2011_06_07.htm>
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html