Subject: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-overview-06

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:03:47 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dkim-overview-06.txt has been successfuly submitted by Tony Hansen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-dkim-overview
Revision:	 06
Title:		 DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Service Overview
Creation_date:	 2007-11-11
WG ID:		 dkim
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) allows an organization to take
responsibility for a message, in a way that can be validated by a
recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the originating
sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agent's.  DKIM defines
a domain-level digital signature authentication framework for email,
using public-key cryptography and key server technology.  This
permits verifying the signer of a message, as well as the integrity
of its contents.  The ultimate goal of this framework is to permit a
signing domain to assert responsibility for a message, thus proving
and protecting the identity associated with the message and the
integrity of the messages itself, while retaining the functionality
of Internet email as it is known today.  Such protection of email
identity can assist in the global control of "spam" and "phishing".
This document provides an overview of the DKIM service and describes
how it can fit into a messaging service.  It also describes how DKIM
relates to other IETF message signature technologies.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html