Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft of ASP, Author Signing Policy

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:48:47 -0800

On Jan 31, 2008, at 8:31 PM, John L wrote:

> Here's an easily deployable protocol that provides the basics of  
> what most people seem to want out of SSP. It's simple enough to  
> deploy quickly, giving immediate benefits for those who will see  
> benefits from publishing signing policies and gaining operational  
> experience.
>
> The draft is currently available at http://www.taugh.com/asp/ in  
> txt, xml, and html.  As soon as the I-D submission bot recovers from  
> tonight's server transition I'll send it in as an I-D.

This draft in an improvement over SSP. : )

The WG needs to decide whether a g= restricted key should be allowed  
to offer compliance when the i= parameter matches an identity within  
the Sender or Resent-From headers.  In such a case, the signing domain  
is unlikely to be able to been able to check From header signing  
compliance in this case.

In addition, the domain matching requirements could have permitted the  
flexibility offered by the key's t= parameter.  The exact match  
limitation might be problematic in some situations.

-Doug
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html