Subject: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: perpetrate abuse in "overview"

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:45:07 +0100

| The nature and origins of a message are often falsely stated.
| Such misrepresentations may (but not necessarily) be employed
| in order to perpetrate abuse.  DKIM provides a foundation for 
| distinguishing legitimate mail, and thus a means of 
| associating a verifiable identifier with a message.

To be sure I was forced to check "perpetrate" in a dictionary,
please use simple English, proposal:

| The nature and origins of a message are often falsely stated.
| DKIM offers one way for distinguishing legitimate mail, and
| a means of associating a verifiable identifier with a message.

Of course that is typically "employed to perpetrate (various
kinds of) abuse", and of course DKIM isn't the only game in
town to fight abuse.

 Frank

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html