Subject: [ietf-dkim] New white paper: Trust in Email Begins with Authentication

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:36:22 -0700

FYI:

The Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group (MAAWG) has just issued a white paper,
titled:

      "Trust in Email Begins with Authentication"

I was editor for the paper.

 From the press release for the paper:

      "Setting the stage for a better understanding of sender authentication as
a technology to combat junk email... [the paper focuses] on the standardized
mechanisms in general use today, Sender Policy Framework (SPF), Sender
IDentification Framework (SenderID), and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM).

      "[one-page] summary of the MAAWG paper provides an overview of how
authentication can be used to protect email and is intended for general business
managers. The main body provides more detail on SPF, SenderID, and DKIM
mechanisms and is intended for technical readers familiar with basic Internet
mail service."

Note that the executive summary can be used standalone, for management and other
non-technical introductions to the topic of authentication in aid of email
anti-abuse.

A copy of the paper is at:
<http://www.maawg.org/about/publishedDocuments/MAAWG_Email_Authentication_Paper.pdf>

The full press release for it is at:
<http://www.maawg.org/news/maawg080401>

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html