Subject: [ietf-dkim] Update of draft-otis-dkim-adsp-sec-issues-03

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:40:05 -0700

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-adsp-sec-issues-03.txt
http://www.sonic.net/~dougotis/id/draft-otis-dkim-adsp-sec-issues-03.html

In a desperate attempt to ensure DKIM can secure IPv6 SMTP sessions, a  
request to change the SSP draft has been limited to mostly just the  
Author Signature definition:

5.  Recommended Changes

5.1.  2.7.  Author Signature

    CHANGE:

    An "Author Signature" is any Valid Signature where the identity of
    the user or agent on behalf of which the message is signed (listed  
in
    the "i=" tag or its default value from the "d=" tag) matches an
    Author Address in the message.  When the identity of the user or
    agent includes a Local-part, the identities match if the Local-parts
    are the same string, and the domains are the same string.

    TO:

    An "Author Signature" is any Valid Signature per section 3.2, where
    an Author Address domain is within the signature's "d=" tag and  
value
    domain.

The basis for a challenge could be an unsafe violation of the WG  
charter.  Although those within the WG represent talented and  
competent individuals, one might reasonably suspect the WG is biased  
to favor the interests of the large domains.  The SSP draft, as it  
currently stands, does not best serve the general interests of the  
Internet as a whole or help usher in an era of IPv6.

-Doug

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html