Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] San Francisco

From: Sean Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:53:26 +0800

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of J.D. Falk
>Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:28 AM
>To: DKIM IETF WG
>Subject: [ietf-dkim] San Francisco
>
>Will this WG be meeting in SF?  I'd assumed not, but with all 
>this discussion recently, it could be very useful....
>
>--
>J.D. Falk

+1
I am interested. 
Wondering whether somebody can give a overview of current deployment
situation of DKIM, not about the draft-ietf-dkim-deployment, but the current
situations (commercial? experiments?). Or maybe there is already some info
source out there? can someone show me where it is? 

Best,

Sean

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Al Iverson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:26:07 -0600

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM, J.D. Falk
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Al Iverson wrote:
>> Not bad questions, but ones that I don't really have answers for. I
>> could tell you what I *want* out of authentication, but that leads us
>> to things like *cough* disposition instructions for bad mail and
>> things like ADSP. Instead of going there, I'd like to learn more about
>> how what is more or less nearing consensus, and how it is actually
>> desired to be used by ISPs.
>
> The consensus amongst ISPs is to wait and see what the mail coming in looks
> like, and then develop reputation algorithms based on that.
>
> Way too much of the email industry has been waiting for years for someone
> else to tell them what to do.  We need more real-world experimentation.

Actually, the senders have been trying to drive toward what they want
out of DKIM (and associated things like ADSP). That has engendered
enough grief that I think it wise to sit back and ask, okay, what
actually is going to fly? Maybe I don't want to bother building a
magic helicopter that will never be allowed to land.

Regards,
Al Iverson

-- 
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com
News, stats, info, and commentary on blacklists: http://www.dnsbl.com
My personal website: http://www.aliverson.com   --   Chicago, IL, USA
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 07:26:46 -0800

> source out there? can someone show me where it is? 

it's not definitive, by any means, but take a look at:

   <http://dkim.org/#deployment>

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html