Subject: [ietf-dkim] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-02]

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:05:45 -0800

Folks,

I've submitted a new version of the Errata draft.

The intent was simply to polish it for final approval.  Unfortunately, 
"polishing" led to quite a few changes, so a diff won't be helpful.  The 00 and 
02 versions are available on the web page:

   <http://dkim.org/ietf-dkim.htm#documents>

What drove the changes:

1.  Drawing a stronger distinction between "definition" and "specification", so 
that the terminology text tries to be definitional, with specification being 
down in the d= and i= specifications.

2.  Drawing  strong distinction between items specific to one value, versus 
items that apply to either or to both.  So some things got moved around, such as 
into or out of the "Relationship" section.

3.  Making the d= and i= specification portions stand on their own.  Since these 
are probably the most important portions of text, in terms of reader 
understanding of the constructs, I included the entire original d= and i= 
specification text and provided complete revisions.  (If Jim thought -00 was 
large...)

4.  The usual, compulsive wordsmithing.

d/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-02
Date: Thu,  5 Feb 2009 18:53:39 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-02.txt has been successfuly 
submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata
Revision:	 02
Title:		 RFC 4871 DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures -- Errata
Creation_date:	 2009-02-05
WG ID:		 dkim
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
This documents and resolves errata for RFC 4871, DomainKeys
Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures.  Specifically the document
clarifies the nature, roles and relationship of the two DKIM
identifier tag values that are candidates for payload delivery to a
receiving processing module.  This Errata entry has been developed
and approved by the IETF's DKIM working group.

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html