Subject: [ietf-dkim] who uses i=

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 2009 00:38:24 -0000

> The majority of the time, i= will be precisely an email address,

I've been collecting the DKIM signatures on my incoming mail, and
I'm surprised how few of them have i= at all.  Ignoring my own
signatures, I see some from Cisco where the i= typically matches
the From address, a couple of spams where the i= matches the d=,
e.g. d=foo.com i=@foo.com, and that's it.

By far the largest stream of DKIM signed mail is from gmail which
doesn't use i=.

R's,
John
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:31:59 -0800

>I'm surprised how few of them have i= at all.  Ignoring my own

As I mentioned previously, there are some DKIM signers using 
i=.  Usually, it is when the domain part of the address is a subdomain.

>By far the largest stream of DKIM signed mail is from gmail which

There is a problem with their interpretation of a DKIM signed mail 
when the i= is set.

Regards,
-sm