Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-03

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 00:08:01 -0500

A new version of the DKIM Development/Deployment/Operations doc is now
available for your reading enjoyment. Much of it has undergone a
considerable rewrite.

Let the comments and arrows commence.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:
> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Tony Hansen and posted to the IETF repository.
> 
> Filename:	 draft-ietf-dkim-deployment
> Revision:	 03
> Title:		 DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development, Deployment and Operations
> Creation_date:	 2009-02-09
> WG ID:		 dkim
> Number_of_pages: 43
> 
> Abstract:
> DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) allows an organization to claim
> responsibility for transmitting a message, in a way that can be
> validated by a recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the
> originating sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agents.  A
> message can contain multiple signatures, from the same or different
> organizations involved with the message.  DKIM defines a domain-level
> digital signature authentication framework for email, using public
> key cryptography, using the domain name service as its key server
> technology [RFC4871].  This permits verification of a responsible
> organization, as well as the integrity of the message contents.  DKIM
> will also provide a mechanism that permits potential email signers to
> publish information about their email signing practices; this will
> permit email receivers to make additional assessments about messages.
> DKIM's authentication of email identity can assist in the global
> control of "spam" and "phishing".  This document provides
> implementation, deployment, operational and migration considerations
> for DKIM.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html