Subject: [ietf-dkim] Update of RFC4871 Section 2.10 Agent or User Identifier (AUID) correction: (resent)

From: Doug Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:16:17 -0700

7. RFC4871 Section 2.10 Agent or User Identifier (AUID)

Original Text:
  (None. Additional text.)
Corrected Text:
  A single domain name that identifies the agent or user on behalf of  
whom the SDID has taken responsibility. For DKIM processing, the  
domain name portion of the AUID has only basic domain name semantics;  
any possible owner-specific semantics is outside the scope of DKIM. It  
is specified in section 3.5.

### The AUID is not just a domain name.  It optionally includes a  
local-part.

Suggested correction:

A single domain name that may include additional sub-domains below the  
SDID and local-parts that identify the agent or user on behalf of whom  
the SDID has taken responsibility.

-Doug

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:13:19 -0400

> ### The AUID is not just a domain name.  It optionally includes a

Good one...
Dave is fixing this, along with a couple of nits that I encountered in
doing the PROTO write-up.

Barry (chair)