Subject: [ietf-dkim] ADSP 4.2.1. Record Syntax clarication

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:02:42 -0400

I wish to confirm if in 4.2.1. Record Syntax, it is possible  to have 
this syntax:

     dkim=discardable; <-- with the ending semi-colon delimiter?

I don't know if the ABNF implies this or the first statement regarding 
following 3.2 in 4871 is sufficient to suggest that the semi-colon and 
additional tags are possible:

It currently has defined:

     ABNF:
           adsp-dkim-tag = %x64.6b.69.6d *WSP "=" *WSP
                           ("unknown" / "all" / "discardable")

Should the ABNF be this instead?

     ABNF:
           adsp-dkim-tag = %x64.6b.69.6d *WSP "=" *WSP
                           ("unknown" / "all" / "discardable")[";"]

I ask just in case future updates or new new tags are added.  I wish 
to make sure the ADSP implementation do not fall trap to just checking 
the entire string so that is all that is currently defined.

Thanks

-- 
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:44:01 -0400

> the entire string so that is all that is currently defined.

That's taken care of by the "tag-list" ABNF construction, as defined
in 4871.  See section 4.3 of the ADSP document (particularly the
second paragraph).

Barry

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:56:54 -0400

> in 4871.  See section 4.3 of the ADSP document (particularly the

Ok, so even though the ADSP spec ABNF does not explicitly state the 
implied semi-colon delimiter (as I think the stated ABNF should have 
to be technically correct), it is implied and expected (optionally) 
using the same "tag-list" parsing logic in RFC 4871.

PS: Where is Frank Ellerman? <g>

-- 
Sincerely

Hector Santos