Subject: [ietf-dkim] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Service Overview
	Author(s)       : T. Hansen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-overview-11.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-04-20

This document provides an overview of the DomainKeys Identified Mail
(DKIM) service and describes how it can fit into a messaging service.
It also describes how DKIM relates to other IETF message signature
technologies.  It is intended for those who are adopting, developing,
or deploying DKIM.  DKIM allows an organization to take
responsibility for transmitting a message, in a way that can be
verified by a recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the
originating sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agents.  A
message can contain multiple signatures, from the same or different
organizations involved with the message.  DKIM defines a domain-level
digital signature authentication framework for email, using public-
key cryptography, with the domain name service as its key server
technology [RFC4871].  This permits verification of a responsible
organization, as well as the integrity of the message contents.  DKIM
also enables a mechanism that permits potential email signers to
publish information about their email signing practices; this will
permit email receivers to make additional assessments about messages.
DKIM's authentication of email identity can assist in the global
control of "spam" and "phishing".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html