Subject: [ietf-dkim] To meet, or not, in Stockholm

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 11:51:47 -0400

It's time for us to figure out whether we should request a session at
IETF 75 in Stockholm.  Stephen and I will both be there, so that's not
a limiting factor.

We should have all the current documents except for "deployment" with
the IESG or RFC Editor by then, and we're not likely to need
face-to-face time to discuss the deployment document.

That leaves the discussion of next steps: 4871bis work.  Is the group
ready to move ahead with that?  Is the DKIM signing protocol ready to
go to Draft Standard?  Is there an update needed, with another cycle
at Proposed Standard?  Is there energy in the group to follow a
4871bis effort through?

I will post a seed message for a thread to discuss that; please post
4871bis discussion to that thread.  Please use this thread for any
other comments or discussion on meeting in Stockholm.

Barry (as chair)
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:33:47 -0400

> Please use this thread for any

And we've had no discussion on this.  We need to decide this week, if
we want to meet the Secretariat's deadline for meeting requests.

Do we think there's value in spending face-to-face time in Stockholm
to discuss a 4871bis effort?  Or should we skip it, and spend the time
on the mailing list for now, possibly getting a session in Hiroshima
in November?

Barry (as chair)

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:44:26 -0700

Barry Leiba wrote:
> to discuss a 4871bis effort? 

Particularly because of Steve Atkin's proposal, it could be helpful for some 
face-to-face haggling time.

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:07:25 -0700

> on the mailing list for now, possibly getting a session in Hiroshima

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of enthusiasm on the list or
consensus on much of anything. Considering that it's likely
to be skimpy attendance due to the macro troubles, it seems like
anything that would happen officially wouldn't be very well attended.
Which presents it's own set of problems.

So, no. Don't bother.

	Mike