Subject: [ietf-dkim] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development, Deployment and Operations
	Author(s)       : T. Hansen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-07.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2009-07-11

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) allows an organization to claim
responsibility for transmitting a message, in a way that can be
validated by a recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the
originating sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agents.  A
message can contain multiple signatures, from the same or different
organizations involved with the message.  DKIM defines a domain-level
digital signature authentication framework for email, using public
key cryptography, using the domain name service as its key server
technology [RFC4871].  This permits verification of a responsible
organization, as well as the integrity of the message contents.  DKIM
will also provide a mechanism that permits potential email signers to
publish information about their email signing practices; this will
permit email receivers to make additional assessments about messages.
DKIM's authentication of email identity can assist in the global
control of "spam" and "phishing".  This document provides
implementation, deployment, operational and migration considerations
for DKIM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:52:46 -0400

The authors and the chairs think this version of the "deployment"
draft is ready.  Therefore, we'll start a working-group last call on
it, which will end on Friday, 7 August -- the Friday after the end of
the Stockholm IETF meeting.

Everyone: please review this version and bring up any issues you have
with it -- please change the subject and start a new thread for that.
If you agree that this version's ready to go, please post a "WFM"
message to this thread.

This is the last document in this working group's charter.  At some
level, we're done.  We have a 2-hour session scheduled in Stockholm on
Tuesday afternoon (28 July), and the time there will be spent
discussing next steps, and possible rechartering.  We'll have a
suggested agenda up soon.

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:17:05 -0700

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-07.txt
...
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-07.txt

html and pdf versions are at:

    <http://dkim.org/ietf-dkim.htm#deployment>

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html