Subject: [ietf-dkim] OT: Two calls for papers that may of of interest to this group

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:15:53 -0400

Participants here may be interested in the following two calls for papers:

1. The Collaboration, Electronic messaging, Anti-Abuse and Spam
Conference (CEAS 2010, formerly the Conference on Email and
Anti-Spam):
http://www.ceas.cc/

2. A special issue of IEEE Internet Computing magazine, devoted to
information overload:
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/iccfp6

I think it'd be great if we had a paper at CEAS about DKIM: how it's
being used, and a study on its effectiveness.  Something showing early
results of ARF would also be neat.  Or, well, anything else people
happen to be working on that's new and interesting.

As this is off topic, please don't discuss it here.  I encourage folks
to reply to the CfPs.

Barry
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Daniel Black <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:36:58 +1100

I'll reply with one more that I've transcribed without consent of the 
committee. If this is bad form abuse me off list.

http://www.apricot2010.net

Asia Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies
(APRICOT)
23 February - 5 March 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
http://www.apricot2010.net

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

The APRICOT 2010 Programme Committee is now seeking contributions for
Presentations and Tutorials for APRICOT 2010.

We are looking for people and proposals that would:

- Offer a technical tutorial on an appropriate topic; and/or
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker; and/or
- Convene and chair a Birds of a Feather (BOF) session.

Please submit proposals on-line at
http://submission.apricot.net/paper/user/login.php?event=22

CONFERENCE MILESTONES
---------------------

Call for Papers Opens:             12 October  2009
First Deadline for Submissions:    30 November 2009
First Draft Programme Published:    7 December 2009
Final Deadline for Submissions:    14 February 2010
Final Programme Published:         15 February 2010
Final Slides Received:             19 February 2010

PROGRAM MATERIAL
----------------

The APRICOT Programme is organised in three parts, including
workshops, tutorials and the conference.  The APNIC Policy SIG and
Annual Members Meeting will be held during the APRICOT conference.

Topics for tutorials and conference would include amongst others
relevant to Internet Operations and Technologies:

- IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and operations
- IPv4 address runout / IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
- Backbone operations
- ISP and Carrier services
- Network security issues (NSP-SEC, DDoS Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware)
- Peering / IXPs
- Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management,
   Addressing, etc)
- Access and Transport Technologies, including broadband deployment,
   Cable/DSL, wireless, WiMax, metro ethernet, fiber network, MPLS
- Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, "telepresence",
   Gaming)

CFP SUBMISSION
--------------

Draft slides for both tutorials and conference sessions MUST be
provided with CfP submissions otherwise the Programme Committee will
be unable to review the submission. For work in progress, the most
current information available at time of submission is acceptable.

Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for
publication on the APRICOT website.

While the majority of speaking slots will be filled by the first
submission deadline, a limited number of slots may be available up to
the final submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally
timely, important, or of critical operational importance.

Please submit on-line at
http://submission.apricot.net/paper/user/login.php?event=22

Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme
Committee by e-mail.

We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.

Jonny Martin & Philip Smith
Co-Chairs, APRICOT Programme Committee
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:53:54 +0530

Speaking as a member of the apricot management committee .. thanks for
posting it, and please feel free to redistribute the cfp.

If there are any paper submissions on dkim from an ops perspective
please feel free to send them in.    And I'm reasonably sure Dave and
Jim Fenton did one or two presentations on dkim the last time they
were at apricot (2005 or 2006 I think)

-srs

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:46:35 -0400

> committee. If this is bad form abuse me off list.

It is bad form to post these without permission of the chairs.  In
future, ask the chairs first.  And no more discussion on this here,
please.  Thanks.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html