Subject: [ietf-dkim] RFC5322 reference in RFC1652bis?

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:52:05 -0800

Folks,

The technical details of RFC1652bis must cite MIME AND SMTP, of course.  However 
it happens that the details do not absolutlely need to cite RFC5322.

However it strikes me as too strange to have a standard that pertains to message 
objects not cite the /message/ standard.

I'd like to have RFC5322 cited at the time MIME is cited, as Ned suggested 
privately:

   In
   particular, a significant portion of the Internet community wishes to
   exchange messages in which the content body consists of a MIME
   message [RFC2045][RFC2046][RFC 5322] containing arbitrary octet-aligned
   material.

Does anyone object?

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:39:09 -0800

I'm missing a bit of context on this.  What's the impact on DKIM?

-Jim

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:39:27 -0800

sorry.  mis-post.  should have gone to the YAM list (and now has).

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker