Subject: [ietf-dkim] besides mailing lists...

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:57:08 -0700

Is there anything out there that's not in the mistake or bogus category that
would foil paypal's "discardable" adsp setting? Preferably that has the characteristic
that it's out of their control.

Mike
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Jeff Macdonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:37:08 -0400

> that it's out of their control.

ESPs have a "forward-to-a-friend" feature for their clients. Its a
feature in which the ESPs creates the content and sends a message from
a friend, to a friend. It would be discarded. However, I'm willing to
say this is a bogus practice.

-- 
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:46:58 -0700

On 04/30/2010 09:37 AM, Jeff Macdonald wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Michael Thomas<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>

Oh yeah, the evite scenario. Maybe if we can collect these and categorize them
into bogus/nice-to-have/essential it might be helpful.

Mike

---

From: "MH Michael Hammer (5304)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:47:52 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:ietf-dkim-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeff Macdonald
> Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 12:37 PM
> To: IETF-DKIM
> Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] besides mailing lists...
> 
> > Is there anything out there that's not in the mistake or bogus
category
> that
> > would foil paypal's "discardable" adsp setting? Preferably that has
the
> characteristic

I suppose that other sites (some news sites for example...would have to
look for one to find a concrete example) which use "forward-to-a-friend"
where the site uses the from address of the individual.

Mike

---

From: Al Iverson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:58:25 -0500

> where the site uses the from address of the individual.

A scenario I had intended to implement here was F2F with the from
address of the individual + third party DKIM signature. It's certainly
something that clients ask for quite a bit.

Regards,
Al Iverson

-- 
Al Iverson | Chicago, IL | (312) 725-0130
Anti-spam: dnsbl.com and spamresource.com
@aliverson on twitter | www.baconrodeo.com
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Jeff Macdonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:17:54 -0400

> something that clients ask for quite a bit.

Wouldn't help in paypal's case.

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 2010 18:34:40 -0000

>where the site uses the from address of the individual.

Try any newspaper web site that offers an email button.

R's,
John