Subject: [ietf-dkim] Random suggestion

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:18:17 -0700

As folks talk about using DKIM for any near-term, primary benefit, try starting 
with the premise that it is for aiding in deciding what mail to accept, rather 
than for finding a way to throw mail away.

It significantly changes the discussion.

d/

ps.  Hint: ogic of the form "knowing what to throw away helps in deciding what 
to accept" is counterproductive to this exercise.
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: "McDowell, Brett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:13:55 -0600

Since you brought it up... ;-)

I would say there is no single "primary benefit" to DKIM.  I would say there are "many benefits" to DKIM.  And, to be explicit about it, I believe applying DKIM for the purpose of "consumer protection" is at least as valid a benefit of DKIM as applying it for "improved deliverability".

-- Brett