Subject: [ietf-dkim] FW: RFC 5863 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development, Deployment, and Operations

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:31:43 -0700

Congrats, team!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:27 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5863 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development, Deployment, and Operations

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5863

        Title:      DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development, 
                    Deployment, and Operations 
        Author:     T. Hansen, E. Siegel,
                    P. Hallam-Baker, D. Crocker
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 126915
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5863.txt

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) allows an organization to claim
responsibility for transmitting a message, in a way that can be
validated by a recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the
originating sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agents.  A
message can contain multiple signatures, from the same or different
organizations involved with the message.  DKIM defines a domain-level
digital signature authentication framework for email, using public
key cryptography and using the domain name service as its key server
technology.  This permits verification of a responsible organization,
as well as the integrity of the message content.  DKIM will also
provide a mechanism that permits potential email signers to publish
information about their email signing practices; this will permit
email receivers to make additional assessments about messages.
DKIM's authentication of email identity can assist in the global
control of "spam" and "phishing".  This document provides
implementation, deployment, operational, and migration considerations
for DKIM.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html