Subject: [ietf-dkim] DKIM WG, IETF 78, saag report

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:59:03 -0400

The DKIM working group met at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, 28 July.  The
working group has just rechartered, and we discussed the new charter
items and assigned tasks.

- Advancement of DKIM spec to Draft Standard
We clarified what's needed for the interoperability report.  Tony and
Murray tested their implementations at a DKIM interoperability test in
2007.  They will repeat their tests and dig up the 2007 data, and
they'll prepare a draft report.  Target date: end of August.

- Other DKIM data collection
Murray is collecting data on deployment, verification failures, etc.
JD will get data too, and Jim posted URLs with data.  SM agreed to
collate and organize.

- ADSP data collection
Jim posted some brief ADSP data; Murray can provide some counts.  This
item is lower priority for now, and we need more data sources.

- mailing-lists draft
New version just pushed out, incorporating recent comments.  There are
no particular issues still open.  Murray will solicit more comments,
and if the draft stays stable we'll consider WGLC in September.

- TPA label for ADSP (individual draft)
Doug Otis presented the current state of this draft, which specifies a
mechanism to deal with third-party authentication.  It was revised
recently, based on comments from DKIM participants.  We had some
discussion; the draft will continue as individual.

- Other business
We had a brief discussion of the appropriate home for a domain
reputation protocol.  The suggestion is to go to the app area, create
a non-wg mailing list, and discuss there.

We're anticipating *not* meeting in Beijing, as most upcoming work
appears not to need face-to-face time.

Barry Leiba, DKIM co-chair
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html