Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00 (fwd)

From: Ian Eiloart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:27:01 +0100

--On 29 July 2010 20:53:40 +0200 "J.D. Falk" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> --On 26 July 2010 18:24:34 +0200 "J.D. Falk"
>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> I think it's because, when you implement most protocols, if your end is
>>> broken then you can't even talk to the other end.  With ADSP, if your
>>> end is broken then you can still talk SMTP and even sign with DKIM, but
>>> the other end may silently discard your message.  There's no feedback.
>>
>> About 90% of the email sent to my personal email address ends up in a
>> Gmail junk mail folder, that I never check. There's no feedback there,
>> either.
>
> As far as SMTP is concerned, that mail was successfully delivered.
>

huh? The complaint is that the message is silently discarded somewhere 
downstream, and the sender gets no feedback. How can it matter what the 
technical means of achieving this are?

-- 
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex
01273-873148 x3148
For new support requests, see http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/help/

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html