Subject: [ietf-dkim] Authentication-Results

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:54:51 -0700

Colleagues,

(with apologies for the cross-posting if you get more than one copy of this)

As you may have seen already, I'm working on a revision to RFC5451.

A Proposed Standard "bis" effort always benefits from describing extant
implementations.  I know about the ones I've written, and about some very
public uses of it (Gmail, Yahoo, for example).  If there's anyone in this
audience that knows of others, I'd love to hear about it.

Reviews of the update are also welcome:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc5451bis/

Thanks,
-MSK
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 01:11:23 -0400

Our "extant" product supports AUTH-RES for DKIM and ADSP.  Without a 
thorough review again and confirmation, I feel, unfortunately, probably 
not 100% according your specification. At the time it was implemented, 
over a few years ago, I had found it inadequate to cover all bases. I do 
recall it was mentioned.  I think this may be ADSP only.   When no MFA 
(Mail Filter Agent) standards, and AFAIK, no one is filtering on this 
stuff, I didn't think it passed all the information necessary for a 
future MFA.

Example, a record for triple signatures via a list submission.

Authentication-Results: dkim.winserver.com;
	 dkim=pass header.d=ietf.org header.s=ietf1 header.i=ietf.org;
	 adsp=fail policy=unknown author.d=resistor.net signer.d=ietf.org 
(unauthorized signer);
	 dkim=fail (DKIM_BODY_HASH_MISMATCH) header.d=opendkim.org 
header.s=mail2010 header.i=opendkim.org;
	 adsp=fail policy=unknown author.d=resistor.net signer.d=opendkim.org 
(unauthorized signer);
	 dkim=fail (DKIM_SIGNATURE_BAD_BUT_TESTING) header.d=resistor.net 
header.s=mail header.i=@resistor.net;
	 adsp=pass policy=unknown author.d=resistor.net signer.d=resistor.net 
(originating signer);

On 3/22/2013 12:54 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> implementations.  I know about the ones I've written, and about some
> very public uses of it (Gmail, Yahoo, for example).  If there's anyone
> in this audience that knows of others, I'd love to hear about it.
>