Subject: Promising future in store for you...

From: Daily Horoscope <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:52:54 -0700

Hey Ietf-dkim-archive,

It's already September 18th, can you believe it?
This year is flying by so quick.

What's in store for you is pretty shocking!
The news you've been waiting for -> http://www.shapehid.com/update/sept/18.html

Regards, 

Adrian
http://www.shapehid.com/update/sept/18.html

Modify settings http://www.shapehid.com/57i/wef.dgbh5
TGI Services
1324 Swan Dr
Bartlesville, OK 74006

-
-
 completely agree in principle - I come from a racing family and 
 have track time on Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, and even the old 
 Riverside Raceway. But the problem with the philosophy you're 
 espousing here is that it always - always - leads to pricing the 
 "little guy" out of the class, regardless of his technical merits 
 or driving/piloting skill. People with money (eventually, 
 sponsorship and, farther down the road, both) buy their technical
 expertise and technology, and the class very quickly moves away
from its "inexpensive" roots. Racing in the class eventually 
comes down to who can bring the most money to the task, and actual 
"racing" fades into the background. 

While I would certainly argue that we do need several more venues for 
Reno-style unlimited racing, or even the high-end Forumula 1, we also 
need to have some kind of class(es) for the new entrant to the field,
 and the guy tinkering in his own garage. Class(es) where that guy can
  actually be competitive without having to give up his day job and 
  set up an organization that spends most of its time thumping for sponsors.

Yes, such a class is going to have some very artificial restrictions.
 It won't be "pure" racing in that regard, no, where the advances in 
 the airplane are as much a factor as the skill of the pilot. But, 
 ultimately, all racing is about the skill of the pilot/driver. 
 There's room for the "pure" unlimited racing, and there's room for
  limited classes "for the rest of us."

I think the way to think of this is as follows: There will always be
 room for the aviation equivalent to GTP or Forumula 1. What I think
  Hot Wings is talking about isn't even Formula Ford. He's talking 
  about Kart racing - which happens to be one of the most vibrant, 
  wide-spread, and growing aspects of ground-based motorsport today. 
  We could use something like that in aviation.