Subject: possible plans for martial law

From: Economic Disaster Info <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:57:25 -0700

Alert: Current Status of the Nation 
Prepared for: General Civilian Population
===========================================

In light of recent world events, we are issuing a Survival Guide. 

The top tip to survive government collapse:
/ http://www.roerotate.com/civilian/survival/guide/sept.html

We feel compelled to inform you, if/when Martial Law 
is declared certain civil liberties may be suspended; 
along with the writ of Habeas Corpus. 

Commission for National Well-Being

EVQ Group http://www.roerotate.com/jw2/4kfs/0iki.ngeo - subscription status
one-nine-four-eight A b b e y Ln Danville, IN 46122

Important points 
- I don't rappel. My lead climber belays me down 
and then does his own rappelling. 
- I've read a long thread about the pros and cons of 
belaying with a Grigri. After weighing the pros and 
cons, I'm pretty sure an ATC with a Presik is what I'll train with, when I'm ready. 
THAT BEING SAID... 

I don't understand why the grigri documentation says to 
rappel like it does. The the attached diagram with their system. 
Then see my proposed system in attached images: me rappelling 
from my cat tower with a sling harness for simplicity. 
The grigri official system could result in my death if I belay from 
the wrong side of the rope. It also requires a BFK to not pass 
through the loop, which is another layer of complexity. 
Meanwhile, my proposed system - which is basically reversing my
 belay with me as the belayer - has only one dangling rope end, 
 so I can't chose an end that results in automatically falling 
 to my death. You also have to let twice as much rope out through 
 the device. 
There really is no clear advantage. Quite a few minor
 disadvantages and a few rare major ones. 
(It is entirely feasible that that the rope could get wedged in a
 crack or even pinned by the weight on the other side. This would
  be a quite a challenging self rescue situation.) 
Clipping the wrong end of the rope is an entirely manageable risk.
 Do it right. Check that it is right. Weight the system before removing you safety.