Subject: Reward-No.656766357237 - Please-Claim Your-Safeway Bonus-Now.

From: SafewayPoints <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:49:26 -0700

Hello [email-masked],

You have $50-in Safeway-Points available! For all of your grocery-needs, Safeway has what you're looking for, and now we want to know how YOU feel about Safeway.

Please go below here and answer a brief-questionnairre about your Safeway-shopping experience and you will receive a $50-RewardCard as our way of saying thank you. But keep in mind that these bonus-points are going to expire-at the end of this week if you do not take advantage.

Go Here to Get Your Safeway-Points Now

If you want.to.end these groceryads-you can go.here to do-so.

__2885 Sanford Avenue_Southwest #40442.

Grandville.

Michigan

ZIPCODE: #49418.

In the early days of the twentieth century S. M. Skaggs saw that the grain farmers in his community of American Falls, Idaho, were poorly served by their local grocery stores. Without money except at harvest time, their buying power was considerably reduced by the heavy credit charges that store owners levied. Also, the variety and quality of goods was poor, causing much customer dissatisfaction. As a minister, Skaggs was interested in solving these problems. He talked a local bank president, D. W. Davis (later the governor of Idaho), into a loan, and then set himself up in an 18- by-32-foot store and opened for business. Despite his zeal, Skaggs could not make his store particularly profitable, so in 1915 he sold it to his son, Marion B. ("M. B.") Skaggs, who at age 27 had already been involved in business for years. The younger Skaggs added energy and sound business sense to his father's sense of mission, and by 1926 he was running a chain of 428 grocery stores th
roughout California and the Pacific Northwest. People flocked to Skaggs's stores, not only for the cash-and-carry plan, which his father helped to create, but because Skaggs used every inch of store space to stock a large variety of goods and worked hard to get quality meat and other perishables. In 1926 Charles Merrill, one of the founders of Merrill Lynch, was looking to expand his investment firm's involvement in the retail chain store business. Seeing a huge potential for growth in the West, he purchased Safeway Stores, Inc., a chain of some 240 stores founded by Sam Seelig in 1914 that covered most of the West Coast. Merrill had the capital and the stores to do business; all he needed was experienced management. Merrill asked the president of Safeway, James Weldon, who the best man to run the new venture was. Weldon named M. B. Skaggs as his only choice, and soon Skaggs had been persuaded to add his chain of 428 stores to Safeway's 240. The newly expanded venture kept the Safew
ay name and Skaggs was made president of Safeway's operating subsidiaries in California and Nevada in addition to retaining control over his own stores. Merrill had insisted his deal with Skaggs be profitable, so Skaggs expanded the business at a tremendous pace during its early years. By 1928 Safeway had expanded to 2,020 stores and its stock was listed on the New York Stock Exchange. All of this pleased Merrill so much that he made Skaggs president of the entire company. The following year Safeway even ventured into international expansion, establishing Canada Safe-way Limited in Winnipeg. Noting the different distribution system used in Canada, Safeway acquired a Canadian wholesaling business to eliminate the usual high price markup there.

The Great Depression years decreased consumers' food budgets dramatically, creating difficulty in the lowprofit-margin grocery industry, but Safeway was able to survive, thanks once again to Charles Merrill. In 1928 Merrill had sent Lingan A. Warren to run a string of about 1,400 grocery stores in the Pacific Northwest known as the MacMarr Stores. Warren had earned Merrill's confidence through his insight into the mechanics of store management. In 1931, with both the MacMarr and Safeway chains hurt by sliding profits, a deal was brokered to unite the two chains, and Warren became a part of Safeway; the merger helped Safeway Stores reach an all-time high of 3,257 stores that same year (this number would decline substantially over the succeeding decades as the company concentrated on larger stores, closing many smaller ones). Assuming the presidency of the company in 1934 and holding it until 1955 (Skaggs became chairman of the board), Warren exerted a huge influence on Safeway
throughout his tenure with the firm. He helped to innovate policies that educated consumers about what they were getting, such as supplying scales to price fruits and vegetables by the pound rather than the piece. Warren pushed the idea of allowing customers to serve themselves whenever possible, cutting overhead costs, and he also involved the company in special merchandising campaigns that served more individual grocery needs. Together Skaggs's energy as chairman of the board and Warren's nuts-andbolts insight gave Safeway the strength to weather the Great Depression.Shoppers averaged more than 22 pages per visit in June on Safeway’s website, and Tupperware made its debut in SimilarWeb’s rankings of desktop visits. Food, or at least food sites, attract and keep consumers’ attention. Safeway Inc.’s site led the list of the 10 most popular U.S. shopping websites in June as measured by the average number of pages viewed per visit on desktop, according to web
analytics company SimilarWeb, which monthly ranks U.S. e-retailers with the longest visitor time on site through desktop visits, mobile visits and apps.

Safeway’s grocery delivery website averages more than 22 pages per visit on average, SimilarWeb finds. Shoppers can browse groceries by aisle, find recipes and schedule one-hour delivery. “Despite the fact that in the recent years, other companies like Amazon (Amazon Fresh) and Walmart entered this niche, Safeway manages to drive the highest engagement when it comes to the online sector,” Pavel Tuchinsky, SimilarWeb’s digital insights manager, says. Safeway is No. 147 in the Internet Retailer 2016 Top 500 Guide, while Amazon.com Inc. is No. 1 and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in No. 4. Food preparation and storage also manages to drive consumer engagement. Tupperware Brands Corp., No. 644 in the Internet Retailer 2016 Second 500 Guide, finished second in June engagement rankings, averaging nearly 18 page views per average visit on desktop. It was Tupperware.com’s first appearance in SimilarWeb’s rankings, driven by the site’s ex
tensive range of products and the “join us” section for scheduling Tupperware parties or becoming a consultant.

Cute critters keep shoppers clicking and staying on toy retailer Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc.’s (No. 663) site, which ranked ninth in June. Buildabear.com customers browse toy selection by category, price range, gender, color, collection and occasion. “Customers can also purchase clothing and accessories for your furry loved one—making it hard to leave the website,” Tuchinsky says. Among mobile visit rankings, personalized gifts retailer Things Remembered Inc. (No. 335) was a clear leader in June with more than 18.5 average pages per visit, according to SimilarWeb. United Kingdom-based apparel retailer Boden (No. 58) placed fifth in mobile rankings, averaging 10.44 average pages per visit because its “intuitive site provides convenient filtering options and a seamless checkout process.” Safeway also made the mobile engagement top 10 list, placing sixth and “demonstrating that the mobile experience of their users is on par with the deskt
op one with an average of almost 10 pages per visit,” Tuchinsky says. Higher sales at its gas stations and upscale stores helped boost grocer Safeway Inc.'s profit nearly 3% in its third fiscal quarter.