Subject: Re: [Ietf-hub-boston] Introductions?

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 14:12:50 -0400

I'm Sam Weiler.  I've been around the IETF since 1996, focusing most
recently on DNS and routing security.

I recently joined MIT to do security and privacy work with the W3C.  I
expect that I'll continue to be deeply involved in the IETF, as well.
I'm working from the MIT campus in Cambridge.

I see that the list has grown a little in the last few weeks: we're
now up to fifty subscribers.  I encourage those who just joined to
introduce themselves, too.

-- Sam

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 19:07:26 +0000

I'm Steve Hanna.  I've been around the IETF since 1996, working on
everything from calendaring to multicast and recently security.

Now I work for Infineon Technologies, which makes security chips.
My involvement with IETF is peripheral at the moment (mainly doing
secdir reviews) but that may well change. These things go in cycles.

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 16:03:48 -0400

I looked back, and I don't think I've introduced myself.

I'm Ralph Droms, active in the IETF since 1989.  I've chaired the dhc WG and now chair the dnssd WG.  I was Internet AD 2009-2013 and I'm now on the IAB.  I also do some int-dir and int-dir reviews.

My day job is with Cisco, where I'm working on ICN and enterprise-scale DNS-SD.

- Ralph

---

From: David Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 08:23:49 -0400

Another old timer:

Dave Oran, work at Cisco Systems Cambridge lab, formerly at DEC.

Quick IETF summary:
- Currently co-chair of ICNRG in the IRTF
- Formerly co-chair of the SPEECHSC working group
- IAB member 2006-2010
- IESG Routing AD 1999-2001
- First IETF: IETF 8 in Boulder, 1987.

> On May 17, 2016, at 4:03 PM, Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-hub-boston mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-hub-boston

---

From: Kyle Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:48:13 -0400

I'm Kyle Rose, one of the TCPINC chairs. I'm fairly new to IETF and
standards work, but I've been focused on security (design and
engineering) since I first joined Akamai in 1999. Security aside, I
have broad interests in computing, including complexity theory,
programming languages, development models, home theater, and
networking. I credit getting involved with the IETF for dual-stacking
my home network last year: I believe strongly in the value of eating
your own dog food.

I also play ice hockey, practice gymnastics, run, and play video games.

I live in Somerville and commute by T, but I have a car, so getting
elsewhere in the evening is doable. I'd be interested in meeting
fellow IETFers in a more casual setting, to route around my social
awkwardness in large groups.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see that we're up to 36 people on the ietf-hub-boston mailing list and
> that the list has been very quiet.  There's no need for high volume, but
> some introductions and indicating what types of social events or
> get-togethers would be fun/useful/desired would be cool.  I think we cover a
> wide range of technical interests and different experiences as IETFers.
>
> This is for us all to self-organize and suggest things as desired.  Rich
> Salz requested the list.  I don't think there's anything like a strict plan
> but rather providing an easy way for those of us who are within reasonable
> distance for getting together to chat.
>
> So - to start, I guess...
>
> I'm Alia and I primarily work at home in Arlington, MA but am up in Westford
> on many Weds..  I'm currently serving as Routing AD and I've been involved
> in the IETF since Nov 1998.  Outside of Routing, I can be easily interested
> in neat topics and have paid some attention to various WGs in transport and
> int.  I'm always happy to learn more about security.  For social things,
> it's easier for me to get out for lunch than dinner, since I have three
> young kids, but I can make it out in the evening.
>
> I'm interested in helping encourage good discussions, cross-learning, and so
> on.
>
> Regards,
> Alia
>
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 17:31:31 -0400

Hi, y'all!  I'm Dale Worley.  I've been around the IETF since 2005,
mostly working in SIP, e.g., music-on-hold, call completion, and
distinctive ringing.  I've recently volunteered for the Gen-Art review
team.

Dale