Subject: [Ietf-hub-boston] IETF Hubs discussion side-meeting Thurs 7:30am - 9am CDT in Bianco

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:52:51 -0400

As discussed on vmeet, I offered to pull together a side-meeting to discuss
the experimental IETF Hubs that we have.

This is scheduled for Thursday March 30 from 7:30am-9am (bring your own
breakfast, sadly).  It is in Bianco on the 3rd floor - reachable via guest
elevators in the Swissotel.

As requested, I have set up a webex for remote participation.  Regretfully,
I can't yet promise high quality microphones and speakers, but we'll do the
best we can.  The WebEx info is:

Join WebEx meeting
<https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=mefcf82032bbc900583387570da02485a>

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=ma9d4e3ec2b43700a5f101bd94c8bcdb6

Meeting number (access code): 649 595 194

Meeting password:        vmeet

The relaxed agenda is:
   a) discussing remote hub model and associated draft
           - Do we have a common understanding? How are these going?  What
is projected path?
    b) discussing community hub model & associated draft
           - Do we have a common understanding? How are these going?  What
is projected path?
    c) What tools and infrastructure might be helpful?
    d) What are the various goals for the different hubs?
    e) What are concerns for keeping this sustainable?
    f) Do we want to spread the hubs model and why?  What are the
benefits/issues?

Please do take a quick glance through:
    draft-atlas-community-hubs-00
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-atlas-community-hubs>
  and https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-elkins-ietf-remote-hubs

While I did hear on vmeet a few people were interested, private RSVPs to me
would be appreciated so I have a sense of the level of structure that would
be useful & can prepare.

Thanks,
Alia